Advice, top tips & recipes needed please :-)

Lknauer

Hello all!

I'm joining SW tomorrow after 6-7 years since last being a member, and although I'll be attending the meetings once a week, I was hoping that some of you could share some of your advice, top tips, recipes, anything useful at all with me for some inspiration & help! I am genuinely interested to hear anything you have to offer.

Thanks in advance people!

Lauren xx

Hi Lauren!
Good luck for rejoining today :)
I'd just say read the books carefully and make a shopping list before you do a big shop! It's easy to forget essentials if you're not used to buying them- things like Frylight and spices/herbs.
With fruit & veg I don't bother with a list and just buy what looks good or what is on offer.
Keep a track of everything (a food diary on here is brill) so when you do well, you can see what worked and if you're struggling, people can usually help you out. It's great for building up support too!
Lastly, have a think about what your favourite things to eat are, then have a look around this site & google to find out how to make them SW-friendly :)

Hiya!

I've only been doing SW for 5 weeks now, but my only piece of advice is if you do a weekly shop, to do a meal plan for the week. Plan out what you are going to eat every single day, incorporating lots of speed foods, and only buy that food. It stops you having things in the house that maybe you shouldn't eat and also I find reduces a lot of waste - we don't throw out as much food as we used to. I know it sounds a bit boring but if you pick out 7 meals, you can have them in any order or on whatever day you feel like - you don't have to be restricted to certain foods on certain days, but a general meal plan works really well for me.

Also, from experience, I would say don't get too disheartened if you have a bad week as you're settling in and adjusting to your first couple of weeks on SW. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently to this - some lose incredible amounts in the first couple of weeks, some don't lose very much and some even gain. Take confidence that you are eating better and you will soon see results if you stick to plan.

Hopefully you have a great week and see losses straight away, to help your confidence and keep you on track.

Good luck!

Back