Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Advice

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by louisie, 9 February 2011 Social URL.

1. louisie

louisie Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    Hello all, I was wondering if somebody could give me some advice. I’m an ex cambridger having lost 7 1/2stone but putting 5 back on. I have been swithering as to go back on to Cambridge or not as I feel I may struggle this time as I am not in the same miserable state of mind I was to have to go on a VLCD! Obviously it worked at the time but I don’t feel it is something that can fit in with my current lifestyle.

I’m not looking for a lifestyle change rather than a diet but to also still have a life and not feel like I am imprisoned by my diet!

How do you find the ProPoints and do you think it would be for me? i was planning on doing ww online with the ProPoints system.

Any advice or comments would be helpful

Lou x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. deadteddys

deadteddys Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    I think propoints is one of the best 'diets' out there, as I dont feel like im on a diet, its helping me to keep my portion sizes as well as the foods I eat in check, I can eat anything as long as its within my points! I eat out at least once a week, so its not restrictive :) I think it is well worth a go as it fits round my lifestyle very well!

4. Tonic

Tonic Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16%)
    Diet:
    ProPoints
    I absolutely LOVE propoints!! I'm a previous lighterlifer and like you lost a lot of weight then put some back on when I had my second child. Was left with about 2 and a half stone to shift so didn't feel desperate enough to do a VLCD again!

Well, on propoints I can eat what I want as long as its in moderation which is great for me (I'm a complete overeater!). It helps me make the right choices with food too. I basically get my daily points, work out what I'm having for dinner and track that first thing in the morning so that I know how many I have for the day. I have a treat once a week when I take the kids to mcdonalds (Its always a Friday arvo treat for them) and on saturday nights we have a takeaway (normally a chinese) and share a bottle of wine. I dont tend to use many of my weekly points but thats by choice!

I eat so healthily now and just dont feel like I'm on a diet! I still have chocolate and crisps, just in smaller amounts or lower fat versions...

I can honestly say I've not once gone hungry!!

And, even though I'm eating all this, I am losing shed loads of weight!! 12.5 lbs in 5 weeks!!!

5. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am loving pro points. I feel so much more in control because having the 49 weeklies means I am not afraid to track everything. So far I feel like I am living a normal life and am tracking things like booze ups and meals out whereas before I wouldn't bother and think well I've blown it now so I might as well carry on. I am doing it online and joined via Quidco and got £30 cash back (meaning they paid me 15p to join for three months!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.