advice

t fantom

hello, would like a little advice its the fiirst time i have done slimming world not sure weather to go to a meeting or is the online thing just as good, also which plan do you find the most affective? im really impacient now the summer is coming lol:wave_cry:

Hiya, I would say that you are better going to groups, it's a good way to make friend, get support and find out new recipes and tips. I go to group but also use the online resources during the week. I find the extra easy diet is easiest and convenient and therefore I'm more likely to stick to it! Hope that helps :)

Hi T fantom, Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure that whatever you choose to do you will get lots of support and encouragement on here.
As to whether you go to a class or not is quite up to you. There are quite a few, myself included that do not attend a meeting and have gotten on really well.
The regime that you use is again according to what you find best, there are those that prefer taking the quick and easy food replacements system but again personally I feel learning to cope with altering your mindset and managing food in a healthy way is much better.
However, whichever way you go DO start up your own diary on here so that we can follow your progress and give you the support you need..,Take care and all the very best to you...:)

i made a decision

:wave_cry: hey everyone,
thank's for helping me along, i am only just getting use to how this site works so didn't even know how to find this post until now lol, anyways i decided to join a class after all thought perhaps i could do with the encouragement and also make me try that bit harder and not just give up if i have a few off days.
so i sighned myself up for six weeks to egg me on that bit more and then i would have no excuse not to go cos it's already paid for.
so far so good the first week i lost 2lb, and this week i lost 1lb which wasn't bad to say i've been ill and kind of using that fact to eat things that took me way over my sins for the week.
but anyway this is a new week and have got a friends wedding next weekend so that is a motivation for me to aim for.... anyway will stop jabbering on now thanks for the support guys.

Last edited:
no secrets

oh i forgot to mention that i decided to do the extra easy plan as i find this is a very balanced way of eating and fits in better when ou don't have ti cook seperate meals for yourself and your partner cos that is a ball ache lol:wave_cry:

I am lucky as the kids have decided to join me on the diet, just hope it lasts as its easier when you can cook the same as you say.

Back