Advice?

charlie's~mummy

Gold Member
Hi all I've tried lots of different diets over the years and eventually had a gastric band fitted, they recommend high protein low carb diet but don't know where to start can anyone explain the basics to me? Or point me in the right direction I have no idea what to do or where to start should I be counting cals as well as carbs ? How many carbs should I be eating per day? Has anyone got a sample menu I could look at? Sorry for all the questions but hope someone can help hugs kelly xxx

Hi have a look at marks daily apple, primal blueprint .. Is a lifestyle way of eating for life :)

plenty good fats, meats and loads salad and veg :) but no grains, legumes or potatoes etc so low carb.. For weight loss you eat between 50-100g carbs a day - mainly from veg and some fruit.,

Here's a sample menu .. But I'm not sure how big your portions can be with the gastric band?? So reduce the portions eg: instead of 2 egg omelette have 1.. Small bowl mixed salad etc :)

2 egg omelette with side of tomatoes and avocado - breakfast
Salad with feta cheese, chicken or tuna, boiled eggs etc - lunch
Meat and veg/ salad - dinner

Good luck with figuring things out :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Hi have a look at marks daily apple, primal blueprint .. Is a lifestyle way of eating for life :)

plenty good fats, meats and loads salad and veg :) but no grains, legumes or potatoes etc so low carb.. For weight loss you eat between 50-100g carbs a day - mainly from veg and some fruit.,

Here's a sample menu .. But I'm not sure how big your portions can be with the gastric band?? So reduce the portions eg: instead of 2 egg omelette have 1.. Small bowl mixed salad etc :)

2 egg omelette with side of tomatoes and avocado - breakfast
Salad with feta cheese, chicken or tuna, boiled eggs etc - lunch
Meat and veg/ salad - dinner

Good luck with figuring things out :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Thank you will look into it :) xx

Hi charlies mummy, how are you getting on? There are a couple variations on the low carb diet so you have some choices to see what suits you

Hi charlies mummy, how are you getting on? There are a couple variations on the low carb diet so you have some choices to see what suits you

Hiya hun I was doing great thanks but sort of fell off the wagon and then I hd something stuck in my band so can't really eat much! Need to wait for swelling to go down before I can eat solid food again :-( just a day or two liquids then ill be back to it :) thanks for asking and hope your well! Xx

Back