advise on bars please

Trace1981

Hi all, can anyone help? Iv managed to run out of bars over the weekend, is there any that I can have from the supermarket, that won't affect my losses, only for a couple of days until I get my new order through.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

Apparently tesco ones are ok and biggest loser ones. Not that I've tried but I've read that. It needs to be the full meal replacement ones. Someone else will have more details or I think where I read it was on the Exante forum so you could have a nose there xx

Yes, Scotbean is right. Biggest Loser MRP bars or Tesco Ultraslim bars. Steer clear of the snack bars, they must be the meal replacement bars.

The Exante forum has a list, perhaps we should get one here! Yes to the Biggest Loser meal bars, not snack. Available at big Tesco and ASDA. And the Tesco Ultraslim bars, again meal not snack. They are really nice and are 3 for 2 right now so worth grabbing a couple of boxes! Very nice they are too, and a lot bigger than S+S bars! The list also mentions ASDA do a meal replacement bar that is ok but I haven't found them yet.

I haven't found the Asda bar either. The Tesco ones seem to be permanently on offer to be honest. They are much bigger but the calories and carbs are higher (220) than the S&S bars.

They are higher so I def wouldn't have one every day! They are kind of my emergency ones, if I really fancy a 'big' meal I'll have one or if I'm stressed at the kids' teatime they last a lot longer when sliced really thing than the S+S ones! Though I do prefer the honey nougat one.....

Proving we're all different - the honey one is the one I'm not keen on :)

No one likes the same ones I do! Really glad the plan has so many options- I'm a fussy bugger so having the choice is great!

Just had a Tesco ultraslim mrp bar! Omg so yummy! Felt really naughty tho! Going to keep them for emergencys only!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

the honey and nougat is not available as part of the 28 day pack, does anyone know why? Are you allowed these ones daily? I saw them on the low carb megastore cheaper than S&S haven't worked out the postage though x

I thought I read somewhere that the honey ones were out of stock. I don't buy them so am not 100% sure. Email them and ask? Lowcarbmegastore might be cheaper if you can get them. Lots of their things always seem to be out of stock whenever I want to order.

Handy to have somewhere to go in an emergency should we run out before new batch delivered but if more cals I may consume 3/4 of it (or not lol :D).

I emailed Rob about the other flavour bars and here is his reply (poor blokes been bugged my me the last few days with questions and he is so good at replying):
"The maple fruits and almond bars are back in at the end of the Month and the Honey & Nougat bars are going to be around 2 Months (maybe even 3) we are awaiting confirmation dates for the honey bar."

xx

Ha, I've never managed to only have three quarters of a Tesco or Biggest Loser bar if I've had one instead :)

Blimey got the BL bar today (got 3 to keep incase I run out), and thought I would have a bite of the choc one. Blimey its chewy !!!! took me about 10mins to chew and swallow one bite :)

Quite nice to chop up and have one piece when feeling peekish I suppose as one mouthful lasts ages (nearly pulled a filling out lol )

Haha Bluechick that is exactly what i thought about BL bars they are too chewy and stick to yer teeth like glue, i had some mint fudge ones before, i managed about 3 bites before i felt full and sick but how could i be full all of it was still stuck to my teeth lol

I may try other flavours as i hear the breakfast bar is nice.

Are the Atkins bars nice as they have some scrummy sounding flavours, and most supermarkets have them, has anyone tried them?

Atkins bars are lovely, but believe it or not they are quite high in carbs! They are high in carbs but low in net carbs so don't know if they'd be ok on S&S?

The Atkins ones are not MRP bars unfortunately

Just a thought when i had the tesco's bar i also decided to have the porridge made with water (the same day) to pull back some of the extra calories that the tesco bar contains. Must say the bar was very nice but i found it too big so cut it into 3 and ate it throughout the day !!.x

Darn it about the Atkins :( I must try Tesco's as i quite like their slimming stuff, for a change maybe one time or emergency lol.

Back