After 3 weeks - I quit!

Hi guys,
will try to be as brief as possible, and use bullet points to reign myself in from writing loads!:) okay, here goes:

*The diet worked for me, no doubt. But, by the start of week 2, i was finding it almost impossible to drink the shakes. I used to have an allergy to milk, so would never normally drink milk or have cereal, and everytime i had one, it just felt and tasted like a big glass of milk, even the smell was making me gag. Forced myself through week 2, in the hope the flapjacks would be okay, and i could switch to them full time.

*week three WI tomorrow, and while this week was okay, no matter how much i tried, I simply couldnt drink one of the milkshakes, so only had two flapjacks each day, 3 days into the week, and they made me wrtech everytime i picked them up. result - In the last three days i've only eaten 1/2 flapjack. tried to eat one this morning, and simply couldn't do it.

*so im coming off it. I just want to say a MASSIVE thanks to sandrab, curlygirl, chuck norris, thonrhill cate, and everyone else for their massive support and guidance they have provided through all the posts they have made here. couple of questions if you can guide me?!:

1)The refeed week. How important is it that i go to the chemist tomorrow and spend the 85euro to get a weeks worth of bars from the maintenance programme? If i just have a light salad/soup each day to ease my stomach back in, will that be okay or do I risk damaging myself?
2) will they insist i drink a shake during the refeed? i literally, physically couldn't do this!
3)Anyone any key tips I should know as I come off it?? I'll read all the stickies tomorrow, but if there's anything you think is really important-please let me know! thank you so much!!!

I'm sorry to hear it hasn't worked out for you but wish u lots of luck in the future!! I would refeed personally so u don't gain back alot of what you have lost and yes i think it does include shakes >< xxx

Hi guitarhero, so sorry you have had such a rough time on LT :(

Your re feed week is so so so important. Dont worry you will not have to pay for a full week of LT sachets on refeed.

When I did maintenance I only like the bars- a pack of 7 bars costs €19.55 from the same chemist, they will also give you a FREE multi pack of all the maintenance products so you can try each over a few days and see what you like xx

Personally I could only handle the bars TOP TIP cut them up into about 8 small pieces and eat with a cup of tea and dash of skimmed milk...........heaven.

I have been maintaining for months now and still buy the maintenance bars as they are so filling and I really enjoy them xx

Best of luck xx

Hi there, sorry to hear it didn't go well for you. I don't know if it's too late, but I don't drink the shakes as shakes, i buy only vanilla and chocolate, and whip them up into mousses, leave in the freezer for half an hour before eating them and they are honestly delicious! It feels like i'm having pudding. Anyway good luck with whatever you do now and well done for sticking at it as long as you did.

hi guys, thank you both so much.

retail chick - really appreciate you taking the time to write all that! The only big thing i left out is i'm dying to get back running. I have my first run this year on april 10th(great ireland run) and simply cant train for it. On LT, i though after week one id have energy to do some light interval training, but couldn't even manage a good walk. the person i know that did it loves the bars in comparison, so they sound easy, will defo go back 2mrw and get them!

Littleone - hiya, tried everything already! warn, cold, hot, with ice, with soda water, mouse, frozen mouse. but no luck:-( thanks for trying to help me out though!

Hey not sure wether this helps but i had a huge problem with the shakes making me feel sick, and puking up every few days with them, i switched to making them with bottled water instead of tap water and ive not felt ill since. So not sure if i was sensitive to the chemicals in the water or what, but it really helped x

I would say defo do the refeed if u can!! It will stop u putting on "water weight" also introduce carbs as slowly as possible.. Good luck with what ever u choose to do next - keep us all updated and stick around minimins it's a big help!

Are u going to look into another diet? How about GL? I've read lots of people say that they will be switching to this after LT - I don't know much about it but there is a forum on here that may help x

I would say defo do the refeed if u can!! It will stop u putting on "water weight" also introduce carbs as slowly as possible.. Good luck with what ever u choose to do next - keep us all updated and stick around minimins it's a big help!

Are u going to look into another diet? How about GL? I've read lots of people say that they will be switching to this after LT - I don't know much about it but there is a forum on here that may help x

Hiya Foo Fan! (If that's the band you've great taste, debut album is the best!!)
Went into pharmavy, they were really nice about it, so gave me the bars with the refeed guidlines, went to supermarket on the way home, and have had one bar and small chicken salad - and I feel much better!:) am going to do the refeed religiously, and then use the week to read up on the GI diet! IrishMolly here has an impressive period of maintaining and suggest the GI diet once you come off LT. Also, im dying to get back jogging, so will do some light intervals on Sunday - cant wait!:D

thanks for the kind words, am definitely going to keep dropping in here to commend all the hardy souls who manage to stay the course on LT, and also keep reading advice from the maintainers on the board. Have a great weekend !! :whacky068::whacky068:

Don't beat yourself up over this. LT is not for everyone. A TFR diet possible did not suit your lifestyle where you want to be doing a lot of exercise. That said you have done well for your short stint on it and it gives you a nice kick start to continuing your diet.
follow the refeed sheet to the letter. It is most important to introduce carbs very slowly per the sheet. For myself, I had decided to move to GL so kept the bread/potato/pasta to a minimum anyway.
When refeeding, watch portion sizes and perhaps also use a calorie counting site like myfitnesspal.com. I have been using it since I switched just to keep a general eye on overall cals.
Here's the refeed details:

DAY 1.

Have 2 Lipotrim servings and one meal, as follows (men continue to have 2 servings, as before, while women take 1 less serving of Lipotrim). You can use your maintenance bars.

You may not have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until Day 4.
Fruit should wait until Day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems).

You may have milk in tea/coffee.

At lunchtime or evening meal time you may have some skinless, boneless chicken breast or white fish fillet, or some skinless turkey (about 4-6ozs.) The fish or chicken may be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan. Or you may have tuna fish in water or brine (drained). Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.

You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following:
Lettuce
Cucumber
Cress
Watercress
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onions
Peppers
Bean sprouts
Celery dressed with a little lemon juice or wine vinegar
Or if you prefer, a moderate serving (2 heaped table spoons - no more)of some cooked vegetables.

DAY 2

You will have only 1 Lipotrim serving and 2 meals, as described for Day 1.

Day 3

Same as Day 2, but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yogurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Day 4-7

A Lipotrim serving for your breakfast plus:

Up to 3 serving of fruit (if you suffer from the insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day)

Up to 2 slices of bread or 1 pita or 1 roll or 1 bagel (without fatty spread)

Any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving)

Any of the skimmed milk products.

Fish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn.

Lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off

Low fat recipes prepared with low fat sauces - e.g. lean mince with low fat bolognese sauce

Medium baking potato or 6 small new potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat- read the label).

Instead of potato, you may have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).

Sample menu for days 4 to 7.....

Sample 1

Breakfast: Lipotrim serving.

Lunch: Fish fillet (any type - cod, salmon etc), serving of potatoes ( 1 medium jacket or 6 new potatoes or a serving-spoon mash - no added fat) Yogurt ( low fat).

Diner: 4-6 ozs chicken (no skin), jacket potato, salad. Fruit (if appropriate) or low fat dessert.

Evening: Sandwich (no spread of any sort), consisting of: pickles, fat-free mayonnaise, salad/carrot, slice cold meat (low fat).

Snack 1 or 2 pieces of fruit (evening, if appropriate)

Sample 2

Breakfast: Lipotrim serving

Lunch: Sandwich (no spread) - any low fat filling, e.g. tuna. Bowl of salad. 2 pieces of fruit (if appropriate) or yoghurt.

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, consisting of drained lean mince, low fat sauce, 4 ounces cooked spaghetti or rice, serving spoon of vegetables. Low fat dessert.

Snack or Evening: Tub of very low fat fromage frais, flavoured to suit with either slices of fruit or low fat jelly crystals for a sweet option or herbs and spices with added crunchy vegetable, for a savoury snack.

GuitarHero said:
Hiya Foo Fan! (If that's the band you've great taste, debut album is the best!!)
Went into pharmavy, they were really nice about it, so gave me the bars with the refeed guidlines, went to supermarket on the way home, and have had one bar and small chicken salad - and I feel much better!:) am going to do the refeed religiously, and then use the week to read up on the GI diet! IrishMolly here has an impressive period of maintaining and suggest the GI diet once you come off LT. Also, im dying to get back jogging, so will do some light intervals on Sunday - cant wait!:D

thanks for the kind words, am definitely going to keep dropping in here to commend all the hardy souls who manage to stay the course on LT, and also keep reading advice from the maintainers on the board. Have a great weekend !! :whacky068::whacky068:

Yes foo fan does refer to foo fighters :) :)
I'm a bit obsessed with Dave grohl lol

U sound like u have it all under control - I defo think the meal helps with the exercise.. LT has defo given u the kick start to ur weight loss journey - good luck and keep us update :)

U mentioned that u are not a big milk drinker and that the milk in them was making you sick? Why not try a different brand of meal replacement u may find it suits u better.

Im on Asda measure up, its made with water not milk but as long as u blitz it in the blender its still thick and smooth and u only have either 2 shakes a day and then a proper dinner (plus 3 100cal snacks) or one shake, one meal replacement bar and then a proper meal (plus 3 100cal snacks)

Diffrernt things suit different people you have just gotta find what suits u best.

Goodluck:patback:

Sorry to hear you can't stomach the shakes. I also advise refeed and I know that there's a diet out there for you that will NOT be giving you any problems! All the best and please keep us up-to-date how you're getting on :) x

so im coming off it. I just want to say a MASSIVE thanks to sandrab, curlygirl, chuck norris, thonrhill cate, and everyone else for their massive support and guidance they have provided through all the posts they have made here.

You are very welcome. I'm really sorry it didn't work out for you. Good luck whatever plan you choose to follow next. x

Back