after the cheat?

pd7707

i already post it to my other thread about the new book. but just wanted to hear what you do if it happen you cheat the diet.
i cheated yesterday and feel so guilty.
this breaded haddock fillets, the crispy ones. i got one fillet at dinner. i am so sorry now but i couldn`t resist. the package said 14 g carbs in 1 fllet, total sugar 1.3 g. but i don`t believe it. i know it should be more in this crumbs...........
anyway, it`s done. so i didn`t eat any more carbs since then. i bought a whole chicken this morning and roasted it. so this is what i will eat today and may be tomorrow+ 1 mug of shredded lettuce per meal /2-3 a day/. may be the harm won`t be so huge. i didn`t eat any cream, mayo,cheese, etc. just plain meat, chicken, salami 0 carb, bacon-0 carb, mince meat balls that i make myself at home,and canned tuna, salmon or mackerel in sunflower oil /i drain the oil/.
so i will just continue as before the cheat.

thanks

Last edited:
Why are you eating 0 percent fat foods? Several people now have told you that a high fat level is important on this diet, and cutting back on fat won't compensate for eating carbs. Eat mayo and butter etc, on this diet it is good for you. As for your cheat, it was only small. Carry on with a high fat, high protein, low carb diet and it will have little effect.

you did the right thing ........... so put it behind you xx

Why are you eating 0 percent fat foods? Several people now have told you that a high fat level is important on this diet, and cutting back on fat won't compensate for eating carbs. Eat mayo and butter etc, on this diet it is good for you. As for your cheat, it was only small. Carry on with a high fat, high protein, low carb diet and it will have little effect.

thanks rosebud,
i am just getting confussed. the mayo has carbs. not much but still some. and the othere more important thing is that i can`t stop my self after a spoon of mayo. i like it and it will be the same story as the cheese. i got it sliced, so i could easier measure how much i ate but still..i didn`t stop till i finished the pack of 250 g in 24 hours. i eat fats, bacon, olive oil, fat mince meat..eggs...

sorry, my silly mistake

i am very sorry that instead of carbs i wrote fats. just corrected it.
bacon and mince meat, cannedf mackerel in olive oil, salami and crispy smoked bacon stripes...they are all full fat

Okay, I'm glad you're getting some good fats in. You really don't need to worry about the carbs in a little bit of mayo - you have 20g per day to play with, but if they're a trigger food that you can't stop eating I understand that. Try not to beat yourself up so much with this diet.

The roast chicken is a really good thing to have, and I'm sure the pack was right about the breadcrumbs having 14g carbs - a slice of bread sometimes has less. It's not a good thing to eat as it will raise your insulin but it's by far not the worst 'cheat'. Just carry on, chick.

that`s exactly my concern :-(

Okay, I'm glad you're getting some good fats in. You really don't need to worry about the carbs in a little bit of mayo - you have 20g per day to play with, but if they're a trigger food that you can't stop eating I understand that. Try not to beat yourself up so much with this diet.

The roast chicken is a really good thing to have, and I'm sure the pack was right about the breadcrumbs having 14g carbs - a slice of bread sometimes has less. It's not a good thing to eat as it will raise your insulin but it's by far not the worst 'cheat'. Just carry on, chick.

you are right. and this is my main concern. i don`t have much weight to lose, but it`s the the carbs cravings i am afraid of. so far i have NONE thanks to Atkins and YOU guys. i don`t wake up during the night with cravings for something sweet, or pastry. i used to eat all the sugary stuff at home at one sit, just to make sure there is none left for next day. madness. now it`s under control.but only till i eat one piece of cheese cake or chocolate. then i will binge,i know myself.

it`s the first time for yaers i can control my comfort eating, obssesive eating actually.

i didn`t eat only the roasted chicken. after one leg and a slice of breast i got bored.so will eat it again tomorrow. but i ate 3 rashes of smoked bacon. i baked them till they are like crisps. and then topped a watercress salat with crispy bacon, olive oil, a liitle lemon concentrate /not sure if lemon is ok/.
what else? one can mackerel in olive oil...and will eat some more chicken as snack later.

with mayo and cream i won`t stop after 30 ml as recommended. i can it mayo and cream straight from the tub.these kind of treats were banned from my menu for so many years that i really prefre to introduce them again gradually.

this diet is more more about food hygiene and discipline for me. i love that i never feel hungry and still love all my meals and treats. and the others envy me when they see me munching bacon ,eggs in the morning. i never mention Atkins as people still tend to be sceptical and it irritates me. if someone ask i just tell me i am on low-carb regime...and it`s true

thanks a lot. i love this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back