after weigh in..

Curvygirl87

Silver Member

Hi guys

Just wondering after weigh in do you tend to have a treat or do u stick to the plan like any other day? Just curious as i usually have a treat, I did these the last time i done sw and it never affected my losses but just interesting to see what you all do :D xx

I have a pepporoni pizza & can of coke, every week. Doesn't seem to have done me any harm yet & I feel better for having one day when I will eat something bad.

I used to have a treat, but then it started to affect my weight loss.

Last night i gained (after being on hols) and i ended up having a non SW choice as i went out with friends.

I will have to be SUPER good now to get a loss next week.

I usually have a treat once a month now - not once a week.

x

Early on, when I had plenty to lose, I used to get away with the post-weigh in evening being "The Twilight Zone" and eat what I wanted.

Then it started to slow my losses down, so I reduced it from eating whatever I wanted, down to just using up any spare syns I had from the week.

By the time I'd lost about 5 stone, I couldn't get away with it being anything other than an ordinary evening!

I used to head to the chippie after WI ( along with half the class ) but now I tend to have a normal SW meal but then a 15 syn treat , so still within plan but something i wouldnt have any other time :D this week I had one of the 'big race ' choccie bars , yummy :D

Thing is - how do you know it is not affecting your losses? You have no way of knowing if you would have lost more if you didn't have a post weigh-in treat.

I've never really understood the rationale behind it to be honest - why celebrate a loss by immediately going out and making it harder for yourself to lose the following week. If it is within your weekly syn allowance then fair enough but if you look on it as a freebie then that just seems plain daft to me

I mean it never made me not lose.. at the end of the day we still have to live and havin a treat makes me stay on track rest of the week..if it started to make me not lose weight then i would change it, if i knew i was havin a treat later in the week i wudnt have a treat after weigh in.. i dont have a take away every single week as i am tryin to stay of them for a bit but i do sometimes go over my syns but in sayin that its not very often i eat a full 15syns a day so really i probably haven’t went over the weekly total.. thats another thing do u use ur syns weekly or daily?im always unsure about using them weekly xx

I still have a treat after WI, it keeps me on track because if I crave something in the week I allow myself it after WI. I may be able to lose more by not having it but it keeps me sane and on track for the rest of the week

I always have a treat night, and I thought the same I wonder is this affecting my weight loss, but I would normal lose 1-2lb a week, depending

so I stopped having them usually a chinese boiled rice or noodles, salted chilli chicken and chips

but when I stopped my weight loss slowed right down even a few gains, so i think it works for me as it keeps me on track the rest of the week

and to be honest I dont think my treat night is that bad either could be much worse

Yeah i totally agree wit u, i think givin ur body a treat shakes it up a bit and its better to have it after weigh in than mid way through the week i think xx

I think if its not affecting your losses then thats okay - when it does you need to adjust the plan to work again.

Plus one persons 'treat' may be anothers 'binge feast'........a treat to me is a takeaway and a tub of ben and jerrys. A treat to someone else might be a creme egg!

x

well i used to have a takeaway and choccie on wi night, and i 9/10 had good losses. then the losses slowed down and i can remember one time in group i sat there and said 'i don't understand it' etc etc, i've been 100% ......only to go home, stuff my face and then think hang on, i never syn monday nights, i have so many syns in 1 sitting and never counted them, no bloomin wonder i had a 1lb gain or whatever. plus it means to get a possible loss i have to cut my syns for the next 6 days. now i make a healthy takeaway choice if we have one, and i make sure i flexi syn it so i dont go crazy. that way i am still living so to speak but i'm not sabotaging myself either :)

My treats are not massive hinges. For example last week I was craving brie and bread so on after WI I had some brie on hot bread..... Was amazing but probably not that many syns.

Plus one persons 'treat' may be anothers 'binge feast'........a treat to me is a takeaway and a tub of ben and jerrys. A treat to someone else might be a creme egg!

x

EB you've hit the nail on the head!!
For me, treat night used to be fresh filled tortillini pasta with a rich sauce, garlic bread or a big pizza and garlic bread, followed by a bag of sweets or chocolate.

I don't do this anymore.

Ultimately it DOES affect losses. You may still be losing but you would lose more if you didn't have a treat.

However, I do agree that if it keeps people on track for the rest of the week then it can be a good thing but less calories equals more weight loss and a "treat" increases weekly intake.

Just my thoughts ;)

jaylou said:
EB you've hit the nail on the head!!
For me, treat night used to be fresh filled tortillini pasta with a rich sauce, garlic bread or a big pizza and garlic bread, followed by a bag of sweets or chocolate.

I don't do this anymore.

Ultimately it DOES affect losses. You may still be losing but you would lose more if you didn't have a treat.

However, I do agree that if it keeps people on track for the rest of the week then it can be a good thing but less calories equals more weight loss and a "treat" increases weekly intake.

Just my thoughts ;)

I agree. My treat used to be chicken burger, chips and dessert but now like I said it will be just some cheese and bread or maybe a piece of cake. Although I know I could easily incorporate these into my plan and have them within my syns by not doing that it makes me feel like I'm being naughty and for some reason it works to kept me good all week.

yea i do agree 100% i used to scoff all sorts but now i just have some extra bread or crisps or choc :D

I have a treat after WI but like other people have said, I don't use my full syn allowance during the week therefore if I tot it up it tends to be within my limits.

I just have a regular Slimming World meal after my weigh-in - I don't really feel the urge for a treat then.

That sounds terribly saintly.... I have treats at other times during the week instead! :D

Back