after weigh in..

Funny last night was the first time I had this dilemma, i have been craving a lovely cheesy pizza all week
after weigh in last night, came home with a posh co op roasted sweet pepper pizza, popped in oven and shared it with salad and cous cous
in fact thats a fib, i didnt share it i cut it into 8 slices and i had 3
hubby had 5!
my way of thinking i would have been thinking bout that pizza all week to the point i may have went and bought it and secretly binged on my own and ate the whole thing!

I weigh in the morning so not really thinking about having a treat at that time of day and just have normal SW food for the rest of the day. I think I'd struggle more if I weighed in the evening!

I do have something nice on weigh in night at I always syn it. It's rarely over 15 and never over 20 syns, I only use around 7 syns most other days. My favourite at the moment is a magnum gold (14 syns).

If I didn't syn what I ate and had a blow out, I could easily eat my whole weeks syns in one sitting. Having something like a magnum helps me stay in control.

The only time I ever did that was after my first ever weigh in. I had a pizza and a bottle of wine. I've been on plan as normal after every WI since :D

I have my normal meal & a Bourneville bar (11 syns) after weigh in - sometimes i have So still within my syns. Have never been able to cheat at this and get away with it :(

I weigh on a Friday morning at home, I don't have anything different to a normal day, but I do use the majority of syns on a Fri/Sat for vodka Sun-Thurs I have 0-2 syns daily (Only if I fancy jam on my ryvita/scan bran) Fri/Sat I have around 40 syns over the 2 days for my voddie :)

I have a treat after WI but like other people have said, I don't use my full syn allowance during the week therefore if I tot it up it tends to be within my limits.

I agree with WelshCake & Nik. My WI is on Fri morning and I'm partial to a V&C (or 6) :D on a Sat night and occasionally on a sun night too, so I prefer to have my "blow out" then. Although it isn't actually a blow out as I use a 25ml measure and 6 of them = 15 syns and I rarely use more than 10 at the very most on every other day. One thing I have done since starting SW is cut down my vodka measures - I used to have at least 6 and possibly as many as 10 doubles on a sat night but now I'm quite happy to drink singles. I have to say that I'm surprised at how easy it was for me to make this change cos its only about 6 weeks since I was adamant I wasn't going to "go without". lol. For me, its definitely all in the mind cos now, as long as I have a drink in my hand and I know it contains some vodka then I'm happy whether I can taste the vodka or not. :D

I have never had a treat night, I didn't want to reward my losses with food. It's seems rather contradictory to me... I always go home after WI and have a FAST but delicious SW meal (always STARVING after weigh in and want food NOW) and have, as usual between 10-15 syns.

As Jaylou said- why would you want to start a new week by making it extra hard to lose?!

i normally have my treat on a friday night, as a reward for being good all week. i find it gives me something to aim towards. we normally go and do our food shop on a friday after work, and get home bung in a pizza while packing away the shopping, then sit and relax and eat it.

I can't cheat and get away with it so I don't! I nearly always have chocolate after WI but it's within my syns and just a small bar (curly wurly or a thin dairy milk).

On the day I reach goal I am going straight out for a pizza though!!! :D I haven't had it at all since I started in Jan because it's just too many syns and I miss it SO much! :p

Shrimpy said:
I have never had a treat night, I didn't want to reward my losses with food. It's seems rather contradictory to me... I always go home after WI and have a FAST but delicious SW meal (always STARVING after weigh in and want food NOW) and have, as usual between 10-15 syns.

As Jaylou said- why would you want to start a new week by making it extra hard to lose?!

My Chinese is well within my syn allowance, the boiled rice is free and 1/2 the chicken n black bean sauce is about 5-6 syns, I don't have to work any harder than anyone else who is rigidly following the plan, I had my 4th baby 13 weeks ago and I have lost every week from I started SW :eek:)))

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That wasn't the sort of thing I think of when people say a treat night... It usually means an off plan meal or a huge synned thing.

If your chinese is within your syns then you are sticking rigidly to plan.

The more you have to lose the easier it is to get away with having a treat. But as so many have said why make your next week even more difficult by having a blow out?

If you can justify to yourself that a "treat" is worth it then carry on doing it. But beware! As you get nearer target it will get more and more difficult to keep losing.

Like most other people, I "celebrate" when I achieve each of my milestones. But not by going off plan or blowing my syns for the whole week. I try to have something I normally wouldn't - like a chinese - but keep it as healthy as possible and try not to go over my weekly syn allowance.

But lets get real here! I ain't no saint! We all fall off the wagon occasionally for whatever reason (I did it on Saturday when we were out for the whole day with little or no access to on-plan food). The importrant thing is jumping straight back on the wagon and clearing your head to carry on.

Question to you. If you have to ask this question are you feeling a tad guilty for doing it?

Just mho and now I expect to take some flack . . . so fire away.

I'm so pleased to come across this topic. It will be my 3rd weigh in tomorrow and last week at weigh in my mate commented how he was looking forward to his kebab after Slimming. He was suprised to hear I wasn't planning any special treat but it got me thinking, so when my partner asked if I fancied going out for a meal I agreed. Unlike my past meals I stuck to a main meal, no started or desert and drank diet coke! But this week I have worried myself sick about tomorrows weigh in. I have reduced my syns all week, only having 1-2 most days to make up for what I ate on Monday night. But today I felt that bad I jumped on the scales... I know I shouldn't but I am showing a weight gain of 2lb! Its really put a downer on this week! No more treats for me!!

In the first few weeks of doing Slimming World I'd get away with having treats after weigh in but now I stick to plan and I start my weeks worth of syns from the night of weigh in, so If I have something that evening I will deduct the syns from my weekly allowance. xxx

i used to have boiled rice and curry sauce from the chippy and a bag of burger bites crisps. Although that was within my syn allowance I saw it as a treat as I wouldn't eat chippy usually and burger bites are my favourite and if I didnt lose I wasn't allowed them... that made me more determined to lose weight as I sooo wanted those crisps at the end of the week.
now i weigh in the mornings and I don't have a treat and I don't miss it at all which I'm really suprised about

Back