Afternoon Tea on SW- how is it possible?

I have been invited to afternoon tea with a friend to celebrate her birthday. I'd really like to join her but cannot possibly see how I cna eat sandwiches/cakes etc on SW plan. Anyone any ideas? Was thinking I'd just try and save all my syns that day and have free foods at other meal times so at least the damage wouldn't be too bad. What do you all think?

I went to a hotel for afternoon tea with my boyfriend and my parents over the Jubilee weekend and was very lucky that it didn't seem to affect my losses. I made sure I only had superfree beforehand/that evening. If I remember rightly, I had 2 smoked salmon finger sandwiches with wholemeal bread (for my HEXB but there would have been syns in the butter/spread), half a teacake with proper butter (amazing!) and a slice of Victoria Sponge. I didn't even try to count the syns in it, I just wrote it off as it was a one-off treat. I'd say have a flexi syns day, draw a line under it and start again the next day! :)

are you off to a friends or out for afternoon tea because you could take some bits to share if its at a friends house and i have a few fab low syn cake recipes

Have a flexi syn day and you can most probably find syns for everything you eat. You can even est fewer syns during other days if you like but you don't need to. Flexi syn days are there for situations like this so don't worry!

Back