Agave

grumbletumble

Silver Member
I just bought some agave syrup.

Has anyone used this before? Just wondering the sweetness of this? Do you swap sugar for equal amounts of agave?

Thank you :D

Agave nectar is most easily substituted for liquid sugars, since it is already in liquid form and the difference in moisture will usually be negligible. Because of its lower glycemic index, it makes an excellent substitute for many natural and refined liquid sugars, including:
  • honey
  • maple syrup
  • brown rice syrup
  • corn syrup
All About Agave - Agave Nectar vs. Liquid Sugars

Can't find it on the body optimise site but the maple syrup is 2.5 syns per level tablespoon and the golden syrup is 2 syns per level tablespoon as a guide.

I love agave - I used to eat it on cereal before the diet.:eek:

Oooo thank you :D

I checked with the syn calculator & the one i got is 14.5 per 100g.

I'm going to try some mixed with milk on my all bran tommorow.

Interesting - I haven't had allbran for years and I thought it necessary a couple of weeks ago :eek: and bought some.

I have been used to adding sweetener to cereal and added some to the all-bran only to find that it was too sweet. All-bran is aparently already sweetened. Tried it without and it is good - although of course that depends on how much of a sweet tooth you have I suppose!:)

Since starting sw i have noticed i'm in need of all bran too if you catch my drift *coughcough* So i decided to buy some today.
I didn't realise it was sweetened already...hmmm maybe i'll try it without agave first.
If i do need some sweet in it i'll probably just use the blender stick thingy to mix it in.
I don't particularly have a sweet tooth but sometimes like the tiniest bit of sugar in coffee & on cereal, so agave could be the answer :D

Back