Ahhhhhhh

Beccubug

Silver Member
I have to go and sit in La Tasca tomorrow for a colleagues leaving do. Luckily she has done the diet before so there is no pressure to eat but I am not looking forward to it all the same. :sigh:

hope you can stay strong hun. Is there no way you can get out of going and meet up for a drink afterwards or something?

Hope you will be ok in La Tasca, one of my favourite restaurants.
Tommorow I will be at a major work conference - not sure if it will be a cooked meal or buffet, but luckily I have the option of walking off and having a bar.
Good Luck - you sound very firm about resisting temptation x

You can always have a chicken salad if you like ..no dressings etc etc

Ive been for many a meal out since last year but just NO carbs. Make it an SS+ day... Life goes on after all lol

I agree with MrsE, I think if you want to, a chicken salad with no dressing, no carbs really wouldn't be that bad, but that's up to you. I don't want to end up resenting this diet, so I'll happily make the odd day here and there an SS+ day. But that's me, and I find I don't find it difficult to the next day get back on, but you have to do what you think is right for you.

Good luck whatever you choose!

Thanks for the advice guys. I had thought about having an SS+ day. I am only three days in and really strong right now that I don't really want to eat just yet, also I am vegetarian and the salads are harder to get when you can't have chicken. Why can't restaurants do quorn??? I thought about trying to get out of it but I can't see any way that I can, we are a very small department and there are only 5 of us going as it is. I am lucky in that I don't really like Tapas but we all know what this diet can do to you, last time I was on it I wanted anything, even steak and as I said I'm a vegetarian

Ohh veggi .... bit harder then

Bowl of salad ? bring some quorn to throw in ? lol

VERY hard to sit out at dinner and NOT participate in some way....

How bout bring a tetra? have you got any?

Tetra...and loads of black coffee... sparkly water

Can be done!

I have been wishing I did have some tetra's, I was thinking if I had some soup or a porridge just before we go and like you say mrs essex, have a big mug of coffee and a load of water I can get through it ok. If it gets too much I guess I could just leave for a bit, I am sure they will all understand.

I really just have to stay strong I guess, I am only three days in and had already lost 7 pounds this morning, this will have to be my motivation to keep going.

Beccabug, with such a positive mind you'll do it. 7 pounds already! that's awesome - well done, we'll all be thinking of you and willing you to stay positive

Yes... have soup etc before you go and just drink at the table if you want to :) ive done that at lunches and no ones really took any notice lol!

I went out for dinner last week with my friend and had chicken salad..sparkly water and black coffee's :D she ate 3 courses lol

Friends will understand

Your're doing great xxx

Beccabug, with such a positive mind you'll do it. 7 pounds already! that's awesome - well done, we'll all be thinking of you and willing you to stay positive

Thank you, that's really kind. Nice to know people are going through the same thing and supporting you.

Yes... have soup etc before you go and just drink at the table if you want to :) ive done that at lunches and no ones really took any notice lol!

I went out for dinner last week with my friend and had chicken salad..sparkly water and black coffee's :D she ate 3 courses lol

Friends will understand

Your're doing great xxx

That is some pretty amazing will power there. I shall think of that for inspiration tomorrow, at least I am not going to a place I love, if she had wanted to go anywhere with pizza I can't say I would have much resolve right now, he he.

I did it, I did it, I did it. I sat in La Tasca for two hours and had two coffees. I am feeling very proud of myself right now. Have that Cambridge buzz of being in control. Yeay.

If there is no pressure stick to it hun, you can do it, I went out to meet a frined for dinner, to place I love, I had green tea while she was eating, and asking me million times if it was ok!!! hehe

I started my CD on xmas eve and I have been 100% since, I saw my family eat my favourite food, went out with friend few times but I was determined nothing will get in the way, I am now 3 tops sizes down, and feel great in just 5 weeks.

I did it, I did it, I did it. I sat in La Tasca for two hours and had two coffees. I am feeling very proud of myself right now. Have that Cambridge buzz of being in control. Yeay.

Well done hun, it must feel great :)

If there is no pressure stick to it hun, you can do it, I went out to meet a frined for dinner, to place I love, I had green tea while she was eating, and asking me million times if it was ok!!! hehe

I started my CD on xmas eve and I have been 100% since, I saw my family eat my favourite food, went out with friend few times but I was determined nothing will get in the way, I am now 3 tops sizes down, and feel great in just 5 weeks.

Christmas eve? Wow. That is amazing determination. You must feel amazing and so proud of yourself, and thank you for the encouragement.

Back