Ainsley Harriott Chilli & Lime Quinoa & Basmati Rice

ruthiebusybee

Does anyone have a packet of this to hand that they can give me the ingredients?

I'm just wondering why there's so many syns in it when quinoa and basmati rice are free.

Dried Quinoa (40%),Dried Basmati Rice (40%) ,Dried Red and Green Peppers (3%) ,Maltodextrin ,Sugar ,Natural Lime Flavourings ,Onion Powder ,Natural Lemon Flavourings ,Ground Spices (Chilli, Ginger, Coriander, Black Pepper) ,Salt ,Yeast Extract ,Garlic Powder ,Dried Coriander ,Citric Acid ,Colour (Paprika Extract) ,Vegetable Oil

1 syn on EE and G per 100g
6.5 syns on O per 100g

Excellent, thank you - they mentioned it in group and I didn't get chance to see the pack as even the consultant didn't seem to know why!

That'll be the oil, sugar and maltodextrin then!

This is yummy! I picked some up on the off chance that it might be low syns and it was :D
Hubby now wants to take some to work instead of uncle bens express rice as the cous cous is less syns and seems like theres so much more of it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, our consultant was saying it was something like 9 syns per half pack or something, and didn't say anything to back it up.

If it's 100g made up, as opposed to 100g dried, then that's not that much is it? I can't picture it.

If it was someone following Red that had it and thought it was nearly free then the consultant needs to explain the plan to her again! LOL!

Chilli & Lime Quinoa & Basmati Rice, dried, made up as directed, 100g cooked 1

The page: Ainsley Harriott – Products – Amazing Grains – Chilli & Lime Quinoa & Basmati Rice says a box makes 2 servings and a cooked serving is 203 g. If that's right it's 2 syns per cooked serving (1/2 a box) or 4 syns a box. That's on EE/Green, obviously.

On Red it is 6½ per 100g cooked so 13 per half packet/26 per whole packet.

Maybe your consultant was talking about syns on a red day? Or hadn't calculated the free food into it?

I guess she took what the other member said without reason to doubt it. I'll mention the correct syn value in group next week.

Thanks for your help y'all!

Back