AJs Maintenance Journey Part 1

Dear AJ

Your post (about the cabin incident) made me smile.

You are doing so well; it's a joy to read.

Mrs L xxxxxxxxxx

Hi AJ,

I don't know what to say or where to look!! What a fab story, really made me giggle. I am so pleased for your sake the kids did not come in any earlier, what a confession you would have had lol :eek:

I hope you find the sexy clothes you want and this time manage to have a little longer time with the hubby in private.

I am sorry to hear that your back can not be treated, but I suppose at least you now know what you are dealing with. I really recommend pilates or yoga.

Have a great evening xx

Hi AJ

Re stretch marks, I don't know whether its worth you getting a cream or not. Personally I think they are a waste of time although a lot of people highly recommend bio oil but it depends really on your daughter. Will she feel happier using a cream because she thinks she is doing something to help the "problem" or will it just make her more aware of it?

I loved your cabin story too, made me smile for ages!

Hia everyone,

Only 10 DAYS until cruise as at now!:party0019::party0016::party0011::character00180::bliss:

Haven't packed yet. It will be done eventually, probably the day before!

Have been feeling unsettled for a few days. Didn't actually realise this but was aware that I was craving toast/jam, and eating for the wrong reasons.

When I sat down to analysis why (thought record), I realised that I was feeling anxious about the upcoming visit of my parents. It was difficult to admit this to myself as I am used to pushing feelings like this down and sitting on them because I don't want to deal with them. I usually eat to blot it all out. Not any more.

Anyway, I see now that that's what I have been doing again. Lightbulb moment:doh:! Get a grip, deal with it. Work out some strategies. Take back control.

I am hoping I don't get anymore negative vibes about my weight (you've lost too much/glad you're not eating that 'stuff' any more) crap. I suppose we all want to please our parents, or get praise from them for something we have achieved. It is hard to accept that this just won't happen! At my age, I should have figured it out by now!

As a consequence, I am very different with my kids. Compliments, praising, appreciating, non-judgemental, cuddling, rarely shouting or accusing, etc. I know this works because they do not behave the way I did at their age. Thank heavens.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day. Parents arrive at 3ish.

Regards to everyone...

AJ:wavey:

Thanks Slinky,

Mum and Dad are here now and I don't know what I was worrying about!

It is funny that the anticipation of something is worse than the reality. I guess that I was focussing on the last time we saw each other. They must have got a shock!

It was great to see them yesterday. I took them out to Wetherspoons for the curry night. My dad had the thali, which is a platter of four different curry taster bowls plus all the usual trimmings and I had a Jalfresi (sp.) with salad not rice. We shared our dishes and I really enjoyed it.

Hi Aj,

Glad to hear it's going well with your parents and you are actually enjoying it. That must be a relief. Hopefully this will put your mind at ease and you can now really look forward to that cruise, which is getting ever nearer.

Can't wait till I can go out and eat. As I go into week 4 on Monday I am still unsure what to eat out as I am veggie the choice is limited as everything is covered in cheese, or contains avocado, pasta or rice! It seems a side salad or I suppose a plate of veg, ut i'd rather cook my own at home.

Anyway, I hope all continues to go well for you.

Will pop in again soon.

xx

Yeah, I remember in the distant past, just having the 'side salad' option, without the dressings. Actually, it felt like luxury to be eating at the table with everyone else!

I bought a whole crispy duck/pancakes/hoi sin sauce package from Tesco yesterday (half price) for everyone's tea tonight.

Had one pancake with a bit of the duck,cucumber and sauce. Lovely. Then I had a tuna salad wrap, stuffed with salad, and left the rest of the duck to everyone else! I have to say that I wanted to try some of the crispy skin, but knew that it was not worth it.

Had the urge to have toast later on, after tea. However, I knew that I was wanting it for the wrong reasons and told myself to go and do something else instead. Happily, the moment has passed now. Phew.

Hi I'm very interested on how you get on with your cruise. We cruise every year and love it there's no holiday that's better than cruising so relaxing and so many places to visit when the ship docks in different ports. were are you cruising to med or caribbean. Were ever it is have a wonderfull time I no you will love it

Hia Lottyfern,

Eight days and counting...

Two weeks on Navigator, Italian Med. I joined Cruise Critic and have 'met' with other people who are going on the same cruise. We are arranging to meet at the 'Meet & Mingle' party on the Sunday. I also joined another site, wakelover.com, which is a great source of information, advice and experience.

Got my holiday money today. All those lovely crisp dollars (for tips) and euros (for spending at ports). Biggest problem this year will be deciding what lovely clothes to take. I'll probably take them all!

OH it sounds lovely cant wait till September when we do our cruise please post after your cruise I would love to know how you got on with all that wonderful food:gimi:and what choices you made maybe you
could give me some tips
sunwink.gif

Wow! Seven days left before you go on cruise! How exciting!!!

I know what you mean about deciding on which clothes to pack. I have the same problem - we are off to Newquay in 3 weeks for 8 days and I have lots of nice clothes to choose from and I am not sure what to pack! I need to start soon! It will happen again next January when we go to Jamaica!

AJ

I think the cruise must be imminent so I wanted to wish you a truly wonderful holiday. You've worked so hard and I do hope you enjoy every moment - you deserve it. We'll be thinking of you.

Bon voyage!!

Mrs L xxxxxxxxxxx

"....I think the cruise must be imminent so I wanted to wish you a truly wonderful holiday. You've worked so hard and I do hope you enjoy every moment - you deserve it. We'll be thinking of you.

Bon voyage!!

Mrs L xxxxxxxxxxx
...."

Thanks for that hun! I have had a massively busy week so far and am really tired (need a holiday, actually). My daughter has been in a dance show all week, in Stirling, so she's tired too! We are busy at work getting ready for the holidays and the next term, my parents have been staying too, so we've been entertaining them. It was a good visit. I am desperate to sleep in my own bed again rather then sharing with Jayne, I just keep waking up all the time.

In two days time, at this hour, we will be chosing what to eat from a massive menu on the ship. I visualise myself wearing my new vintage American frock and very high heels!

I hope I make the right choices, I am confident that I will, most of the time.

I have brought all the clothes I WANT to take with me, but it is A LOT, so later I will be ruthless and discard half of the stuff and take it back upstairs. Even with what's left, it will still be a lot! Sigh, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last night was the final night of the dance show and Jayne danced beautifully. I am SO proud of her, she seems so self-assured, confident, and savvy too. Thank heavens she is not like me at her age. There was a wonderful dance with music from Carousel. The principal dancer has been accepted to study at English Ballet. I was not surprised - her dancing was incredible and made me cry it was so beautiful.

Obviously, I won't be on-line for a while, but I will be back soon.

Take care everyone!

AmandaJayne

Thanks for that, Soraya!

Yes, I'm back!

Just a quick word to say that I had a thoroughly enjoyable time and enjoyed being slim on holiday for the first time.

If there is anyone wondering whether to take the plunge and do LL, GO FOR IT! At some time soon I will post some pics and you can see for yourselves what a difference a few months of LL can do for you!

Let me just say this, I got several comments from people who said things like "You are lovely and slim, you don't have a problem with eating all this nice food" or "You don't have to worry about putting on weight with a figure like yours". No honestly - it was a scream. I just smiled knowingly and thought "If only you knew!"

I have hundreds of e-mails to deal with now, but figured that I'd come to Minis first - the rest can wait!

AJ (the slim one!)

Hey AJ

WELCOME BACK!!! So glad you had a wonderful time. Have missed you and really look forward to seeing some fabulous photos.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxx

Welcome back AJ the slim one,

Glad you had a wonderful time, like Mrs. L I can't wait to see some photo's.

Look forward to reading all about it xx

Glad you had a great time AJ. Never been on a cruise but reading about what you have got up to makes me want to go on one now. Well, maybe one day. Nice to have you back at miniminis though.

Back