Alcohol and SW

Ok so I'm having a becks blue non alcoholic lager(2.5 syns) to try and find something that doesn't make me ill. It's minging! Anyone got any non alcoholic, non soft drink, low syn options?

Tonight will be my second attempt to drink in moderation...let's hope it goes better than last saturday, lol! :D Are Becks Blue definitely 2.5 syns? I quite like them, and I thought they were 3 syns...saved myself an extra 1/2 syn there, wooo! xx

dudette2001uk said:
Tonight will be my second attempt to drink in moderation...let's hope it goes better than last saturday, lol! :D Are Becks Blue definitely 2.5 syns? I quite like them, and I thought they were 3 syns...saved myself an extra 1/2 syn there, wooo! xx

Good LUCK!

Okay, I'm on Day 6 - not a sniff of alcohol, despite MissusQ tucking into the G&T last night. Have been on plan all week and have lost around 4lb thus far, according to my sneaky trips to the scales.

A test today was after my round of golf - would have loved a pint of lager, but went with soda water instead. On the positive side, instead of £3 a pint, it was free! Every cloud...

Good luck to Dudette and everyone else, be they cutting it out or drinking in moderation :)

dudette2001uk said:

Just did the search on my app and it said Basic, Lager, branded, Beck's Blue Alcohol Free (275ml bottle) 2.5 syns. I thought it tasted awful so I didn't drink it. Waste of money.

Just did the search on my app and it said Basic, Lager, branded, Beck's Blue Alcohol Free (275ml bottle) 2.5 syns. I thought it tasted awful so I didn't drink it. Waste of money.

Thanks hun :) I was driving to the pub that sells Becks Blue, so at least I look like I'm drinking something other than diet coke. Too much caffeine keeps me awake at night, so at least the Becks lets me sleep :)

In terms of moderation...I did much better tonight! A total of 30 syns on alcohol tonight. Far better than the 82 of last week! The fact I'm home and able to type coherently is probably a good indication! :D

So two weeks into plan and ive serioulsy cut down, not quite been able to give up completely but am still proud of myself!In two weeks ive had 4 glasses of low alcohol wine, 2 small glasses of red wine and 1 lager and lime... these have been spread out over the 14 days not on one night !

Hey everyone,

dont like to bust in on your thread but ive just started back to slimming world and i have exactly the same problem in that i have a major soft spot for the vino.!! Lol.

But i think i have found my saviour. :d

martini extra dry is 2.5 syns for 50ml
martini bianco/rossa are 3.5 syns for 50ml

martini is like wine only stronger and most people prefer it diluted.
I dilute mine with either diet lemonade or soda water, a slice of lemon, ice and a straw in a tall glass. If ur going to try it i would add a bit of the mixer at a time until u get the desired taste coz everyone is different.

Honestly its bliss, and u can have 6 extra dry martini's for ur daily syns allowance. (and the lemon could be ur superfree lol!!)

whereas there are certain times when only the real stuff will do, for all the other times and if ur trying to cut back on syns then please give this a go. I absolutely love it now and even have my best friend converted. We def dont feel as bad when we polish of a bottle of martini now rather than synful wine lol.

Hey everyone,

dont like to bust in on your thread but ive just started back to slimming world and i have exactly the same problem in that i have a major soft spot for the vino.!! Lol.

But i think i have found my saviour. :d

martini extra dry is 2.5 syns for 50ml
martini bianco/rossa are 3.5 syns for 50ml

martini is like wine only stronger and most people prefer it diluted.
I dilute mine with either diet lemonade or soda water, a slice of lemon, ice and a straw in a tall glass. If ur going to try it i would add a bit of the mixer at a time until u get the desired taste coz everyone is different.

Honestly its bliss, and u can have 6 extra dry martini's for ur daily syns allowance. (and the lemon could be ur superfree lol!!)

whereas there are certain times when only the real stuff will do, for all the other times and if ur trying to cut back on syns then please give this a go. I absolutely love it now and even have my best friend converted. We def dont feel as bad when we polish of a bottle of martini now rather than synful wine lol.

Problem is I like to dilute my martini with vodka ;) and then tonic ..... ooops ....

hi there, I'm naturally a bit of a lush too - hubby doesn't help. But I've majorly cut down. I replace it with sugar free fizzy drinks - aiming for something a bit different at the weekend (e.g. sugar free ginger beer). I'm the same with only one glass - just makes me want more. And I'd rather have the food! Having said all that, we have a family tradition of going to the pub on a Sunday afternoon for beer and crisps. So I save my syns up for that!

Another lush here I'm afraid. Can't resist the wine, or the cider, gin or beer ;)
I wondered if anyone had been able to find this stuff:
www.equatorbeer.com
It's syn-free.... I thought it might take the edge off those nights when you just want to reach for a cold beer....
I might go to the big Tesco's now to see if they have any.

Miss Moneypenny said:
Another lush here I'm afraid. Can't resist the wine, or the cider, gin or beer ;)
I wondered if anyone had been able to find this stuff:
www.equatorbeer.com
It's syn-free.... I thought it might take the edge off those nights when you just want to reach for a cold beer....
I might go to the big Tesco's now to see if they have any.

I drink equator its really nice and refreshing.

ILoveCake said:
I drink equator its really nice and refreshing.

Think I'll have to look into this. Am always on the lookout for an alternative as I can't drink due to alcohol sensitivity but get fed up with water, diet coke etc and haven't found any low alcohol products that I like the taste of.

I had no booze at all for 6 months and put 2 stone on. Now I have a couple of vodkas and diet coke a few times a week as part of my syns. I'm losing O.K so it's not slowing my weight loss and - hey - its fat free :)

Another one to join the club. Its quite funny really, at my group the majority of us blame booze if we have a bad week so my consultant says we should go upstairs for AA! Before SW I used to drink everything, lots of cider especially. Since SW I stick to vodka and diet coke only and find its a 50/50 situation. Although its less syns, I find myself drinking more of it on a night out, because its easier to drink, meaning I still stock up my syns. Luckily I'm no longer a student and only drink one night at the weekend but it still seems too much. I may try and alternate and do once a fortnight, unless something special is happening.

The hangover food and drunken kebab home also used to be an issue but we seem ti be getting better. On weeks with just that booze I'm ok with losses but add the food and it screws up everything.

This weekend I had 136 syns worth of vodka in 1 night, but have been good on the food front so god knows what will happen, but counting it up the morning after definitely shocked me enough to cut down x

Back