Alcohol = dieting enemy number one!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by xxlettyxx, 7 November 2010 Social URL.

1. xxlettyxx

xxlettyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Afternoon everyone :)

So I went on my big night out last night and had a good time. I drank vodka and diet coke to start, then as I got more tipsy began to care less and had a shot of something (?), a couple of Smirnoff Ices and a couple of San Miguel beers! Cue serious headache this morning. And today I've basically failed completely :eek: I've come to report what I've eaten to try to keep track of calories:

chicken and stuffing sandwich - 380
    Twirl - 230
    2 (!) rounds corned beef sandwiches - 600
    Shapers choc bar - 100
    low fat supernoodles - 334
    Mullerlight - 100
    TOTAL SO FAR: 1744 (yikes!)

Still got dinner to go! :eek: might have to accept I'm going waaaay over today. This is what alcohol does to me! I don't go out every weekend though. I'm completely eating for the sake of it today. I'm gonna have to be 100% all week. I weighed on Saturday instead of Sunday this week and had lost 2lb, reaching my second target, so hopefully next Sunday I'll be under 11st! When I see that 10 digit on the scales I'll probably faint! It's been far too long.

I went out in a short black shift dress last night bare legged, something I normally would never consider doing, and I felt really good and got lots of compliments! I'm so happy this is finally happening for me (even if I am on hungover sabotage mode today!) roll on tomorrow, new week, no headache, fresh start! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Chill abit hun as u said tomorrow is a fresh start plan your menu for tomorrow now and stick to it.

Whoop whoop that u felt all good in your dress, bear legged in this cold weather. Lol lol thick skinned you must be.

Glad u felt good though x

4. gonnagetslim

gonnagetslim size 14 here I come

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    8st11lb(38.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    First of all, well done on the dress, sounds lovely :) bet you felt amazing!! Know what you mean about the alcohol, not only is it calorific itself, it causes you to over-eat the next day :( but I like how honest you are & the fact that your already thinking about tomorrow & how your getting back on the wagon & writing today off :) thats THE most important thing!! :D keep going x

5. xxlettyxx

xxlettyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I think I have crocodile skin on my legs, they never tan and I don't feel the cold on them either haha. Thanks girls! :) add cornflakes to the list now as well, might skip dinner after all this food!

6. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Well glad you had a good night out and got lots of compliments! I figure you have to still let yourself have fun - you can't be 100% all of the time! I know what you mean about eating after drinking though - nightmare!

7. lindseydodd408

lindseydodd408 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.7%)
    Diet:
    Myfitnesspal/low carb
    I agree, alcohol is evil!!! I always end up having crap food when I'm pi**ed then I need crap food when I'm hanging!!! EVIL!!! x

8. xxlettyxx

xxlettyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Alcohol is actually the devil isn't it Lindsey! I didn't eat anything on the way back to my friend's last night/this morning so that's something I guess, but boy have I made up for that today! Lol.

xsarahx - you're definitely right about needing to have fun, I was posting earlier this week about being a bit of a perfectionist re dieting and feeling really guilty if I had some chocolate or some vodka etc, and I've been avoiding socials too for fear of ruining my diet, but I kinda realised that I can't live my life like that, I need to have some fun and I can't hide away until I reach goal. So I'm glad I went out last night and had a good time, and although my food today hasn't been great, I feel much better in myself for relaxing my strict rules for a short time.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.