Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Alcohol = dieting enemy number one!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by xxlettyxx, 7 November 2010 Social URL.

1. xxlettyxx

xxlettyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Afternoon everyone :)

So I went on my big night out last night and had a good time. I drank vodka and diet coke to start, then as I got more tipsy began to care less and had a shot of something (?), a couple of Smirnoff Ices and a couple of San Miguel beers! Cue serious headache this morning. And today I've basically failed completely :eek: I've come to report what I've eaten to try to keep track of calories:

chicken and stuffing sandwich - 380
    Twirl - 230
    2 (!) rounds corned beef sandwiches - 600
    Shapers choc bar - 100
    low fat supernoodles - 334
    Mullerlight - 100
    TOTAL SO FAR: 1744 (yikes!)

Still got dinner to go! :eek: might have to accept I'm going waaaay over today. This is what alcohol does to me! I don't go out every weekend though. I'm completely eating for the sake of it today. I'm gonna have to be 100% all week. I weighed on Saturday instead of Sunday this week and had lost 2lb, reaching my second target, so hopefully next Sunday I'll be under 11st! When I see that 10 digit on the scales I'll probably faint! It's been far too long.

I went out in a short black shift dress last night bare legged, something I normally would never consider doing, and I felt really good and got lots of compliments! I'm so happy this is finally happening for me (even if I am on hungover sabotage mode today!) roll on tomorrow, new week, no headache, fresh start! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

Chill abit hun as u said tomorrow is a fresh start plan your menu for tomorrow now and stick to it.

Whoop whoop that u felt all good in your dress, bear legged in this cold weather. Lol lol thick skinned you must be.

Glad u felt good though x

4. gonnagetslim

gonnagetslim size 14 here I come

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st9lb
    Lost(%):
    8st11lb(38.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    First of all, well done on the dress, sounds lovely :) bet you felt amazing!! Know what you mean about the alcohol, not only is it calorific itself, it causes you to over-eat the next day :( but I like how honest you are & the fact that your already thinking about tomorrow & how your getting back on the wagon & writing today off :) thats THE most important thing!! :D keep going x

5. xxlettyxx

xxlettyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I think I have crocodile skin on my legs, they never tan and I don't feel the cold on them either haha. Thanks girls! :) add cornflakes to the list now as well, might skip dinner after all this food!

6. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Well glad you had a good night out and got lots of compliments! I figure you have to still let yourself have fun - you can't be 100% all of the time! I know what you mean about eating after drinking though - nightmare!

7. lindseydodd408

lindseydodd408 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.7%)
    Diet:
    Myfitnesspal/low carb
    I agree, alcohol is evil!!! I always end up having crap food when I'm pi**ed then I need crap food when I'm hanging!!! EVIL!!! x

8. xxlettyxx

xxlettyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.42%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Alcohol is actually the devil isn't it Lindsey! I didn't eat anything on the way back to my friend's last night/this morning so that's something I guess, but boy have I made up for that today! Lol.

xsarahx - you're definitely right about needing to have fun, I was posting earlier this week about being a bit of a perfectionist re dieting and feeling really guilty if I had some chocolate or some vodka etc, and I've been avoiding socials too for fear of ruining my diet, but I kinda realised that I can't live my life like that, I need to have some fun and I can't hide away until I reach goal. So I'm glad I went out last night and had a good time, and although my food today hasn't been great, I feel much better in myself for relaxing my strict rules for a short time.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.