Alcohol free zone

As I need a kick up the arse and really need to loose have decided this morning that I am now a alcohol free zone. I do really enjoy a glass of wine on the weekend but I really want to loose a stone in 6-8 weeks.

Has anyone tried this I have in the past not drunk for periods of time but usually I was I'll and once I had an operation and just didnt feel like it. my hubby and I usually share a bottle or 2 over the weekend but it is so fattening I'm gonna give it a try.

As I need a kick up the arse and really need to loose have decided this morning that I am now a alcohol free zone. I do really enjoy a glass of wine on the weekend but I really want to loose a stone in 6-8 weeks.

Has anyone tried this I have in the past not drunk for periods of time but usually I was I'll and once I had an operation and just didnt feel like it. my hubby and I usually share a bottle or 2 over the weekend but it is so fattening I'm gonna give it a try.

Hey! There are a couple of threads regarding this as there are quite a few of us not drinking January. Some are doing it for charity ;)
I am not drinking for similar reasons to you. When I drink I don't count them as syns (silly) and the next day fall off the wagon and struggle to get back on. Not seen a difference on the scales to be honest but my motivation is through the roof because I don't have the interruptions of drunkern nights out :) .... Alternatively swap to something that is not as bad as wine? X

I'm doing the same Sugar but have my other halts birthday next weekend and mine 2 after that. So will break my vow of abstinence for those occasions, otherwise alcohol free for me......I find after a couple of glasses of wine I lose self control and the crisps (large packets) make their way into my mouth !

So it's a double whammy for the diet if I get out the corkscrew........lol

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I have given up red wine but unintentionally - just realised the other night that I hadn't had any for 2 weeks which is a bit of a record for me! It certainly does clock those syns up! I am not alcohol free though - I have a nice long icy vodka and diet coke - much more syn friendly x

I so agree najtaek reach for the crisps or cheesy puffs that's another reason gotta cut out that snacking as well.

I was thinking of trying this! I had been good all week but went out on Friday night, drank my body weight in vodka, had a Chinese on the way home and ate everything in sight yesterday!! I don't know how long for but I am definitely going to stop for a while! I'm out this weekend for a friends birthday and I will be the designated driver...if I tell people now I can't back out as people will depend on lifts. How long do u plan to give it up for? Hopefully we can motivate each other

I've got a big hospital appointment in Feb for fertility treatment getting to the top of the list if my treatment starts off it for the foreseeable future

This could be me writing, I am good Sunday to Thursday and then undo all my hard work by diving into a vat of wine and high syns snacks because my resolve is low.

I too am thinking of taking drastic action as my wonderful weight loss January is not going according to plan!

Let us know how you go.

I'm currently taking part in the Cancer Research Dryathalon challenge (see my signature) and so far I feel great, it's funny how I've not actually missed drinking to be honest and it seems to be helping with my weight loss too. xxx

Back