Alcohol + Ketosis..........

skinnyminnycoming

Hey all

Just though I ought to share with you something which happened the other night, which is completely my own fault for not thinking/not doing proper re-feed/being cocky and thinking it wont happen to me........

I'd been doing 2 shakes and a NO carb meal for around 2 weeks, just to shift a few pounds before a fitting for a bridesmaid dress.

Anyhow, the other night my bf suggested going to the pub for a few drinks..........stupidly I agreed - I though as I was eating SOMETHING I would be fine with alcohol.

How WRONG could I be. All was fine, had a few G&T's (think it was about 4) then it was as if someone or something just wiped my memory and all sense of reasoning. I remember nothing of getting home or going to bed. Then in the middle of the night (4am) I woke up and kicked off with my bf for no reason whatsoever. Apparently I was shouting and screaming and slamming doors - I even went for him which is totally and utterly not something I would ever, ever, ever do. My neighbours (who have a key) came round as I woke them and they thought I was being attacked (live on my own). I remember absolutely nothing of all this!! I woke up the following morning, saw the mess in the kitchen from when I'd been dragging everything out the cupboards and asked my bf (he'd stayed over) what had happened. He told me I woke up, kicked off with him then it was as though I'd completely lost the plot.......to this day I have no recollection!!

Suppose what I'm trying to get across here is for those of you who have nights out arranged whilst on TFR and are planning on having a low carb meal then cool but PLEASE PLEASE dont be tempted with the alcohol until you've done a proper re-feed. I can honestly and truthfully say that that incident has really scared me!!!!! I know it was my fault and I'm not looking for sympathy, but I also know that if people are anything like me then it can be all too easy to say yes to the odd drink.

Not a good experience and not something I would wish on anyone so please take care.

Good luck and those of you on nights out - enjoy!! x

Thanks for sharing this chick. It really does highlight the dangers of ketosis and alcohol so great post :)

Have you recovered now and are you ok? x

Thanks for sharing this chick. It really does highlight the dangers of ketosis and alcohol so great post :)

Have you recovered now and are you ok? x

Hey you

Thank you.......that's what I thought and although I've stopped posting on here I just thought it was something I should share to make people aware of what can happen.

I'm fine now thank you....took me bloody ages to tidy the house and I've cracked one of the doors in my mad rage of slamming them!! Luckily my bf was very understanding and we're okay too...phew!!!

You have a cool time in Paris x

Hi

Just wanna respond to yr horrible experience. I have had a few episodes of this kind of thing so I feel for you. Lesson learn't and just stay in control till you re-feed. Alcohol does crazy things to our bodies and is ten fold worse when yr not eating absorbant foods like carbs. Good for you for being honest and hopefully it will deter others from experiencing similar situations. Well done on yr fab weight loss and keep strong.

Thats great to hear. I bet it was a scary experience - a lesson learnt hey! lol

How have you been doing then food wise as you havnt been around lately :) xxx

Thats great to hear. I bet it was a scary experience - a lesson learnt hey! lol

How have you been doing then food wise as you havnt been around lately :) xxx

Definitely a HUGE lesson!!!!! Ha ha!!

I've been doing ok thank you. Had a bit of a gain at xmas but went back on TFR for 2 weeks and shifted the stone. I'm maintaining between 9'12 and 10'4.

I try to be strict during the week and relax it a little on a weekend.

I see you're going back on TFR soon.....you looking forward to it?? xx

I am actually looking forward to it - just for the strictness! Only guna do it for 3 weeks this time though.

Glad to hear you are mantaining between the two weights, you are doing brilliantly! :D :D :D

Hope you have a lovely easter weekend chick :) x

How scarey for you. I was out drinking and dancing last night but fortunately had read up on the 'drinking sticky' and knew the dangers of being in ketosis + alcohol - hence I got myself out of ketosis by consuming carbs and all went really well.

Glad you (and your bf) survived it.

Lisa x

Back