Alcohol on LL?????...Need Help!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by snugglezzz, 6 February 2007 Social URL.

1. snugglezzz

snugglezzz Member

Hi I recently read that vodka doesnt interfer with this true??

My best friend is due to emigrate to the US this week and there will be a farewell dinner and drinks. I've decided that I'll stick to the foods packs, but I wouldnt mind 1 drink if it doesnt effect ketosis.

Please help...:confused:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Hi there

I drink dry white wine at weekends... it's not allowed but it's a choice i take. It always makes me starving the following day though and the diet is almost impossible to stick to!!! So if you do decide to drink, be aware!! make sure you drink lots of water on the night aswell....
  4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    Be really careful Snug, I know people will say Vodka is fine but it can be dangerous on the diet (if you check the SS book you will see it says "ALCOHOL IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN") and if nothing else it has calories so will slow your loss.

If you have a fizzy water then no one will ever know and you'll be cookin fat the whole party.

5. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and Save
    The other thing is because you are not eating food it gets into your system quicker and the side effects can not be nice!
  6. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Drinking alcohol whilst in ketosis CAN be dangerous and should be avoided at all costs as you have no way of knowing whether or not you'll be adversely affected.

Whilst vodka may not have carbs or take you out of ketosis, it definitely contains calories and will inevitably affect your weightloss that week .. as well as possibly give you the munchies which could undermine your determination to stick to being abstinent.

Hope this helps :)
  7. snugglezzz

snugglezzz Member

Thank you guys for your advice. I've been thinking and like you say Karen I guess its a choice. I think I've come so far that it would be a shame to muck it up'll be hard, but hey!! :(
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.