Alcohol

cazie6

Does anyone else find that as soon as any alcohol passes your lips you put weight on?

Last night for instance, I had half a bottle of wine and this morning I've put a pound on. Last week and the week before I had a bottle of crabbies mixed with diet lemonade (to make it last longer) and the same happened, even though I'm using my syns for them :(

Alcohol will bloat you out, hence often the weight gain. It needs to get flushed through your system, which is why often drinking lots of water after having something to drink helps.

Did you weigh yourself today as it was your WI or have you just had a sneaky peek?
If it is your WI day then why dont you save your alcohol for after WI and then you want see the gain as it would have got out of your system by WI day.
Or change what you drink rather than wine, have a spritzer of spirits.
Everyones bodies reacts with things in differant ways and you often just have to find that happy balance.

Dont get dispondent we need our treats and you have done so well.

This always happens to me too :cry:

Went to the pub to watch the England match the other week and only had 1/2 cider then switched to Diet Coke for the rest of the evening.

I had a good week that week too, stayed on plan all week and reduced my Syns as a buffer in case the inevitable happened, well I didn't lose anything, I STS.

Alcochol always has this effect on me, so I steer well clear :sigh:

However I am willing to sacrifice a glass of wine to reach target BUT it would be nice just to have a drink now and then knowing that I wont have a gain eventhough I Syn it.

I find, if I drink something like wine or cider, I will bloat ridiculously for about 2 days...so if I do drink wine or cider, when I get in I have about 3 pints of water before I go to bed. Flushes it through my system. But I still expect a gain.

But when I drink Vodka & Diet Coke on a Friday night, and WI on Saturday, my weight has nearly always gone down. Maybe Vodka helps speed up my weight loss? :8855:eek:r maybe its because it means I'm out and not grazing in the house!

I just had a sneeky peak at my weight, my WI is on a Monday morning in my bathroom. I know I shouldn't look, but can't help it! Thing is, before SW I used to drink a lot of wine and it never bloated me and now it does. Why?!

I just had a sneeky peak at my weight, my WI is on a Monday morning in my bathroom. I know I shouldn't look, but can't help it! Thing is, before SW I used to drink a lot of wine and it never bloated me and now it does. Why?!

Could just be down to your body handling the alcohol in a differant way.

NO SNEEKY PEAKING though...:8855:

I can't have alcohol(allergy) but I 'd love to have one. I was ok until Im had my daughter but can't touch it now. I'd love to have your whinges about it. Lol x

I drink alcohol, and have always done so.
It has never made a difference.
But I do find that spirits, mixed with syn free mixers rather than wine or cider are better.

Back