Alcohol

Emmy_lu

Silver Member
I'm going out for the first time in years and wondered What alcoholic drinks we allowed on atkins my normal drink is Tia Maria but I know that's full of sugar
any advice appreciated
thanks

Hi Emmy_Lu, the only alcoholic drink im aware of that has no/low carbs is vodka and diet coke. The ones that would be high in carbs would be the sugary ones like WKD's and Redbull xx

My preference is dark rum & soda:). I also drink dry red & white wine. Most other cocktails are far too sugary although if trust bar man you can have a mohito with no sugar. It's a bit tart and they usually sneak some sweetness in so you've been warned!

Thanks everyone, dark rum sounds interesting never had that I've not tried that, that's the thing - I read about some cocktails you can have but they are bound to add something. Rum or vodka it is then although I dont
like the taste of them I'll have to get liking it lol. What about mixers are there any fruit juices or are they all to sugary? And is diet coke ok? X

Absolutely no to fruit juices - too much sugar. Sf mixers are ok but make sure they are SF - many bars regularly fail on this! And note that some people stall on SF drinks.... or alcohol for that matter so maybe doesn't matter:)

Back