alcohol?

xstaceyx

Hey, im only 19, so as you can imagine i loveeee going out on the booze! i normally drink strongbow! before i turned 18 i was a skinny size 8! ive figured the drinkin as probably been the biggest part of my weight gain!

i would love to know what alcoholic drinks arnt fattening (in any?)
i dont care how bad it tastes, i just dont want to give my alcohol up completely! giving strongbow (cider) up is bad enough :(

what do you all drink when you go out?x

Stick to the clear spirits with diet mixers. Beer, cider and alcopops are the worst as they are loaded with calories. Wine isn't quite so bad buut spirits are best

ok vodka and diet coke/orange it is then!!!

I'm a vodka DC girl myself. I used to drink alcopops but thats when I put loads of weight on

strongbow cider is all i used2 drink, not anymore! i shall treat myself to it now again though lolx

Hi stacey :)

I hope I don't come across as a boring old moo here:rolleyes:, as swopping from Cider to a spirit with a diet mixer is great for reducing calories. I would just say be aware of how it may increase how many units of alcohol you drink per week hun as any spirit carries more units than ciders/beers.

Hope you don't mind me chipping in, just see so many young people get into unpleasant situations with the job I do and mainly because they didn't realise the different strengths of drinks.:sigh:

Lacey..xx :)

Such a valid point Isis, I drink mine very long sometimes in a pint glass but a lot do drink them short

Such a valid point Isis, I drink mine very long sometimes in a pint glass but a lot do drink them short

Thanks Taz :)

I think it often boils down to how you drink your drink. Like you, a lot of people will drink a spirit in a long glass with plenty of mixer and it may last quite a long time. Other people will just add a splash of mixer and maybe drink 4 or 5 drinks in an hour or less....and then it hits them!!:eek: End of the day, your body can only process one unit of alcohol per hour!

Another thing is that nowadays more people drink at home and pour spirits free hand from the bottle. It's so easy to be pouring the equivalent of a triple/quadruple compared to a pub measure of spirit if you were out.:rolleyes:

Wine glasses are the same now and come in all sizes including "half a bucket size" but we will still say we only had one glass of wine:)

Just makes you think sometimes I think!

Lacey..xx:)

Yeah it sure does. I have a set of optics at home so ALL my spirits are measured and I only serve up singles to my guests unless they specifically ask for more

We have an alcohol awareness scheme in work (I work in a community pharmacy) and we got a load of information in, my favourite being the alcohol wheel. It tells you how many calories and units are in drinks, a pint of strongbow is approximately 250 calories! I was devastated when I read that! However gin or vodka is only 77 calories per 25ml measure

We have a strict drug and alcohol policy where I work too and we get the wheels. they are interesting!

you drink vodka by the pint :p LOL i like it!!!!!

only jokin hun ;)

some great points there....i love going out on the lash...but stick to my vodka and diet coke....you know what your gettin then! :party0023:

thank you! omg 250 calories? strongbow?!?

now i know exactly where my weight has come from!!!! i would go out friday and sat everyweek and drink at least 5 pints! thats 1250 calories on top of all the food ive ate during that day! plus a greasy takeaway after!

jesus! im so glad i found this out lol!

We have an alcohol awareness scheme in work (I work in a community pharmacy) and we got a load of information in, my favourite being the alcohol wheel. It tells you how many calories and units are in drinks, a pint of strongbow is approximately 250 calories! I was devastated when I read that! However gin or vodka is only 77 calories per 25ml measure

We have boxes full of these where I work too Rachel and we must hand out hundreds a month :eek:

Great idea I think and I permanently have one stapled to the back of my diary so that I can do a quick reckoning of units when I am assessing a client.

Lacey..xx :)

My advice would be to just totally cut down your drinking. I have advanced kidney damage, and will need a kidney transplant before I'm 30, due to excessive drinking at young ages and dangerous eating habits.

I am on dialysis twice a week, I can't touch a drop of alcohol again, I am on pills every day.

It's just not worth it. Cut out the booze, and not only lose weight, but it might save your life.

My advice would be to just totally cut down your drinking. I have advanced kidney damage, and will need a kidney transplant before I'm 30, due to excessive drinking at young ages and dangerous eating habits.

I am on dialysis twice a week, I can't touch a drop of alcohol again, I am on pills every day.

It's just not worth it. Cut out the booze, and not only lose weight, but it might save your life.
Wow that is a real cautionary tale. I hope you get the transplant you need

Wow that is a real cautionary tale. I hope you get the transplant you need

Thank you.

I just wish I could show every other 15-19 year old out there what they an do to their bodies from 'just going out on the weekends and having some fun'.

It's really not fun, I'm 17, and this is my life from now on.

Back