Alcohol

julz123

OK, was just wondering as i don't seem to be able to find much info anywhere. Are spirits like Ameretto and Southern Comfort 2.5 syns like most other spirits listed in the food directory......?
All seems very vague on the alcohol front. Or what is the best drink to have? Guessing a spirit with a diet mixer?

I think it's only the white spirits Vodka, white rum that are 2½ syns per 25ml measure - the sweeter liquer type ones are much higher (Southern comfort's 4)
Alcopops and lager are quite high too - one bottle of WKD is 13½!!
I'd stick with a gin and slimline tonic or vodka and diet coke :)

All the Syn values are on the Syns pages 9 and 10 in the Food Optimising book. spirits such as gin, whisky and brandy are 2 1/2 Syns for 25ml (get a childs medicine measure from your chemist) but high strength liqueurs such as Cointreau, Southern Comfort, Pernod are 4 Syns for the same quantity. Baileys is the same......but who ever had 25ml of Baileys??
I guess you could have the Asda sugar free Lager Shandy (Syn Free) !
In the summer try white wine spritzers - just white wine with soda water or Slimming World sangria (a big jug made with 1 glass red wine, diet lemonade and lots of fruit and ice-cubes).
Check your glass size.....my wine glasses comfortably hold 1/2 a bottle!

Please could someone confirm that Asda no added sugar lager shandy is free. I can't find it in the book, just the traditional at 3.5 syns per can. The one i've just bought has 4 kcals per 100ml and 'trace' of all the other things (protein, carbs, fat, fibre, sodium), thanks in advance

Please could someone confirm that Asda no added sugar lager shandy is free. I can't find it in the book, just the traditional at 3.5 syns per can. The one i've just bought has 4 kcals per 100ml and 'trace' of all the other things (protein, carbs, fat, fibre, sodium), thanks in advance

How much are you drinking at a time? This might have an effect on your syns. Rule of thumb is 20 cals per syn.

Hi Lorna, i don't drink loads of it, just a can (330ml) or 2 in the evenings instead of the real lager i usually drink - so a vast improvement! Princesspam's post above suggests it's free, but i don't mind counting it at 1/2 - 1 syn per can if need be, as i usually only have about 5 syns per day instead of the 10-15 i'm allowed :) Thanks, Alison

Back