Aldi

J.D

Silver Member
I'm going to aldi today after I've been to the drs. Its a very skint week so thought I'd give aldi a go.

Anything in there good for Sw? I don't have a clue about syn values in there or if their pasta n sauces and rices are free etc...

Thank you.

They do a mugshot thing called cupshotz. The chicken noodle one is free, and so is the sweet and sour one. The tomato one is 1 syn.

I tend to do my basic shop at Aldi, fruit and veg are soooo much cheaper there, though you need to look a bit carefully at the packs before you put them in your trolley to avoid too many bruised/dodgy looking ones. Do you have the 'free branded foods' or 'low syn snacks' books? Both are really helpful for finding what is good to buy in a new shop.

I do the main part of my shop in Aldi and just pick up extra bits in Asda or Tesco. As Supergirl said, the fruit and veg is so much cheaper there and, being veggie, that's great for me! Other than that, I buy my cheese (some of their singles and cheese triangles can be used as HEA), frozen vegetables, tins (beans, tomatoes etc.), bread (Hovis wholemeal is about 80p) and I also like their under 70cal Benefit cereal bars and you can have two of them as a HEB!

If you don't have the book free branded foods book, see if you can access the SW site on your mobile. Then you can check syn values as you go. I do it all the time and it's really handy.

I'm back, battery died in there :(

I have the cup shots, make in minutes chicken savoury rice, and make in minutes pasta n sauce.... Ain't got a clue if they are syns though?

I'm not currently a member, I just restarted from home until I can get to a group.

Might stick to branded foods lol

Arghh!!

Their pasta and sauce says so many syns for 100g cooked! How stupid it's worked out 100g cooked? So now I have to weigh food after I've cooked it when I wouldn't have to worry if I went and paid the extra for bachelors... Oh well they are in the bin now :( not having a good day at all.

I've posted in syn section about them. I don't know why it says 100g cooked, it's getting to me lol. Wish I'd just done my best at asda now.

I've posted in syn section about them. I don't know why it says 100g cooked, it's getting to me lol. Wish I'd just done my best at asda now.

image-411043197.jpg

Not sure if this will work but have taken photo on syns on Sw for you - trying to help but not very technical!

Thanks Jo. Just don't get why it's 100g cooked lol.. Everything else goes by the whole packet.

Back