Alexmummy's WW journey to finish the marathon race

alexmummy07

Silver Member
Hi All

Well after a mammoth year and a bit on the Cambridge Diet and going from 17 stone to 10 stone 3 (woohoo) it is time for me to move across the boards to the WeightWatchers board.
You are probably thinking, why??

Well, I have gone up the plans on Cambridge, but I'm still not quite into my healthy range, and even though I was getting quite comfortable, I am getting married this September, and for me, this weight journey isn't completed.

When I set out, I did intend to get to 10 stone 7, thinking I would never get there, but I did, and now I know I can, I know in my heart, I can beat that 10 stone marker, and get to 9 stone 7 for my wedding day and also for my health and for the rest of my life.

However, with the wedding coming up, being a distance-learning University student, a busy mum, working and so on, Cambridge on these higher plans is just becoming very restricted for me personally, and I keep being de-toured from the plan. Over the last few weeks I have gained around 3-4 lbs, of course I am glad it's not worse, but this is why I am here. I don't want it to get any worse, and I have watched it happen on the scales and in my trousers/muffin tops. I pop out to lunch, or for a meal somewhere that doesn't quite fit the CD, and then I'm stuck for the rest of the day on what to have.
So, on a friends' advice I am moving to WeightWatchers in the hope that I can lose weight still, and also live my life without keep sabotaging my attempts at losing the remainder of this weight.

I am nervous, and a little scared as to what will happen moving from such a restrictive diet, and I will still be using as much of what I have learnt from CD as possible, ie for me, wholewheat pasta/cous cous, and lots of protein rather than processed foods etc (which I think most diets also reccomend too anyway) but for those days when I am out and about, I will be able to 'point' the things I am not used to having.

I am aiming to follow the plan online, although I have seen the price has increased by £10 online even though I had a coupon, so I have emailed them to see what will happen with the coupon??

Today was/is meant to be my day 1, but I am a little stuck being able to work things out today without getting online, but anyway...

Have a great day all, and I look forward to getting to know you all over the next few months!

xxxx

Oh well done on what you have achieved so far that is quite impressive and you must be very pleased with that, although understand wanting to do a bit more in time for your upcoming wedding.
Good luck on Ww if you need any help today while getting started just shout on the boards someone is bound to be around to help

Thank you Babooshka I'm going to have a search through the points threads, to see what I can find.

This is what I have had so far today... (meant to include on first post...oops!)

B.
2 Weetabix with skimmed milk, teaspoon Tesco branded sweetener sugar (canderel style)
Tea with skimmed milk, 2 sweeteners

L.
2 Mini wholemeal pitta breads with
4 slices waferthin honeyroast ham - lettuce, spring onion, 2 teaspoon tesco sunflower spread, 2 tablespoon light mayo.
snackajacks crisps salt and vinegar

Well yesterday ended up in well, badly to put it mildly!
I didn't get an e-mail back from the online people, and so today I made the decision to stop messing about and sign up online with the £17 offer for e-source and meetings together. So I have the option for both, and can finally get my points sorted.

So today I feel much better and have kept to exactly 18 points (I haven't seen the fast start menus so sticking with the 18 points that I'm allowed)

Breakfast -
2 weetabix with skimmed MILK

Lunch
2 wholemeal pitta with slice chicken & stuffing, salad, and l/f mayo
Snackajacks sourcream and onion

Dinner
Wholemeal Pasta, Tuna, Salad, Spring Onions, Cottage Cheese

Anytime
Cups tea (skimmed milk - sweetener - muller light vanilla )

Today has been good, and stuck to it well, here's to another good day tomorrow.
Feel's stange saying day 2 after so long on another diet xx

A good morning so far,

B. 2 weetabix and skimmed milk
Tea sweetener
1 1/2 pints water

L - Need to plan,
D - Need to plan - hopefully something we can have as a family

Pleased to have gotten through day 1 100%, and hoping for day 2 the same.

Planning on taking my little boy to toddler class today, bit nervous as will be the first time I've taken him and I'm quite a shy person, but really want to get out more, especially now we don't have the car half as much xx

Hi and welcome to ww, huge well done on your CD journey so far and good luck for shifting the last few remaining pounds...i'm sure you'll do it no problem..xxx

B. 2 weetabix and skimmed milk
Tea sweetener

1 1/2 pints water

L - 1/2 tin tomato soup - 1 slice bread
snack a jacks salt and vinegar

D - Chicken wrapped in bacon, with Roasted butternut squash, shallots, courgettes, red pepper, gggooorrrggggeeeooouuusss!!!

SN - Banana
Mullerlight Vanilla
Skinny Cow Hot Choc

Total 18 Pts

Had a really good 2nd day, so here's to tomorrow!
Trying to put my doubts to the back of my head until next Thurs which will be my first official weigh in.
Fingers crossed!

Here's to day 3!

Good luck all...I'll start venturing over to other diaries soon!! xx

Hello!
Well done on your weight loss so far - that's fantastic work, what a huge achievement.
Looks like you've come to the right place to be starting WW.
You're doing very well so far for the first couple of days. Keep it up - we all love a good diary to read as well so we'll be checking up on you ;)

Hi!

Welcome to the WW board :)

As someone who's about where you started and is aiming to get where you are now :) What would you say is the biggest difference you've noticed in yourself .. or views of others??

By the way, I think you've been amazing - I did CD for 1 week before giving up and promising myself I'd never go through that again lol.

Twigs
xx

Thursday 18th March

Today hasn't started off on the greatest foot, have woken up feeling full of head cold - hoping the Beechams tablets will keep it at bay, as so busy with things to do, and an assignment that is due in a week today!

Food-wise I am determined not to break, and to stick within my points no matter what.

DopeyAngel - thank you for your words, it's been very strange moving from one diet to another, but also a good move so far, just trying to look beyond that first week in case the scales aren't as kind as I want them to be.

Twiggy - CD I know isn't for everyone by any means, and I definitely haven't moved over to preach about it, it's just part of my journey, and after trying everything I could before it, it's the one thing that at the time did work for me. I'm just hoping now the main 'bulk' has gone, I can lose the rest within reason slowly and whilst learning more and more, although unlike some people, I did learn a lot on CD, and those things I am bringing to WW with me.
As for differences, it's the photo's and confidences that are hugely different. On the day my son was born, and also his 1st bday there are no photo's of me with him - well maybe 2 but only head shots :( which is so saddening for me. From the day he was born, none at all, and that is really upsetting, but I was huge, and not from being pregnant and felt so angry/upset with myself that I had gotten that way, that no way did I want photo's taken of me - a big big regret.
I feel so much better in myself, I can walk much further, obviously fitting in clothes is lovely too, and now my fiance' knows my size too - that is nice to be able to discuss! The biggy at the moment is the wedding dress, God Knows what I would have picked last January, obviously they cater for everyone but I would never have really liked it, and again would have hated the photo's. I still have that last bit to go, but I'm getting there, slowly, slowly.
I am lucky to have a really supportive family, although in the last few months I have had them say that I'm finished now, I'm slim enough and so on, but at 5'3 and 10 stone 8, I am still 7lbs overweight. I think they say it more than anything because it's such a shock coming from 17 stone, I'll never be a size 8, or even 8 stone, but I just would like to be comfortably in the 9 stone mark, with a BMI around 23, happy with that!

Sorry I've rambled a bit there, but hope I'm helping a bit! :)

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your WW journey, as I really do see this as a 'journey' full of bumps in the road, but always that end-line just over the hill in sight xx

Hey all.

Just a quick update as I'm at work, but I did go to toddler group, was v nervous, and it was a bit weird but but it was ok and I'm glad I went, it was more for my little boy than me, and he enjoyed and that was most important :)

On Thursday. I joined my WW group and have officially lost 2lbs since starting WW on Mon, v pleased with that yay!!!

Hoping to lose the same for next week that would be great!

Have a big assignment due in next Thurs, so will be busy for the next few days but keeping on track.

Have a good weekend everyone xx

Thank you :)

Today has been interesting, not so much food-wise, but found out some interesting news within family circle, so feeling a bit off sorts tonight.

Had a good day apart from that. We taste-tested some cupcakes for our wedding, we shared 2 cupcakes between 4 of us, so just 1/4 of 2 cupcakes each, which I have pointed too, feels weird having a treat, but hoping as its within allowance, then it will be ok. I didn't even eat the whole of the 2nd 1/4 as wasn't keen on it actually! The first one though was delicious! and definitely a possibility for wedding! yum :)

So 6 days now I have been pointing and my first real 'day out' today where pre WW I would have not known what to eat, and would have probably eaten far far too much or too little, but with points its working ok, fingers crossed it stays that way, and also that the lbs drop!

Hoping to finish assignment tomorrow, I'm about 3/4 of the way finished, so need to finish it, then read through and reference it etc. Hoping for a better mark than my first one this year. Moved up a level than last year so my first mark wasn't as great as I'd hoped, so hoping I've learnt and improved...x

Hi All

Well assignment is finally submitted, and W.I. was last night too.
I am shocked but very very pleased to report 3.5lbs down :)

Pointing is going well. I have a family meal to go to next Friday so as of Monday I will save 1pt a day in order to be a few pts up for next Friday. It's also my fiance's birthday then too.

We have a friends party tomorrow, but I am hoping to be able to stick all within points. I'm not intending to eat at the buffet anyway, as I know all those things end up being 1pt each, so really not worth it anyway!

xx

Thank you :)
Had a good afternoon/evening, managed to avoid all the buffet, and even the offer of a takeaway too - very pleased with self :)

Had shopping delivered yesterday so went home to a quorn chicken burger and turkey rashers...yum :)

Extra yum x

Back