alibalibee

duncan

Silver Member
could you give me some meal ideas im running out of ideas now??????:sigh:

OOh a thread with my name on it :D

What kind of food do you like Duncan? At lunchtime I generally stick to soup, sandwich and a yoghurt. Soup is home made lentil (1 leek, 3 or 4 carrots, small swede, and a small butternut squash, 2 stock cubes, red split lentils, salt and pepper....cook till veg is nice and soft and lentils are cooked, once cooled kepp in the fridge for up to 3 days). For my sandwiches, I use philadelpia extra light or kraft thousand island light instead of marg/butter. I also use wholemeal bread, not white.
Main meals, I very rarely have red meat, I eat mostly fish, chicken or turkey.
One of my fave meals just now is chicken with tomato and marscapone sauce with wholewheat spaghetti.
100g chicken fillet sliced up
175g ASDA Good For You tomato and marscapone sauce
80g garden peas
150g ( dry weight) wholewheat spaghetti ( or any wholewheat pasta)

cook the chicken in fry light, add garden peas and sauce and cook till chicken is cooked through. At the same time, bring to the boil a pan of water, bung in the pasta when water is boiling. Once pasta and chicken are all cooked, drain pasta, and toss with the chicken and sauce and then serve :)
Chinese sauces are really good to use too, especially things like sweet and sour ( low in fat, but watch the sugar content).
Other meal favourites are grilled turkey steak, with new potatoes and veggies.
Oh cant believe I forgot this one lol
Seafood and Spaghetti
easy peasy lol
packet of seafood mix
150g (dry weight) wholewheat spaghetti

175g of ASDA Simply Tomato and Herb sauce
Boil pasta, drain seafood and place into another sauce pan with the tomato sauce, heat gently. Once pasta is ready, drain and toss in the seafood/tomato sauce mixture :)

I'll have a look through my old food diaries and see if I can find any recipes that I've not used for a while ( might help me too :) )

Oh another thing, Weight Watcher pizzas are good, but the MArks and Spencers Count on Us one is delish :D It's ham and muchroom, and I usually add some chicken to it, and serve with a nice green salad.
x

i eat,pastas,veg,chicken salads couscous,i like everything lolololol, jus waned to vary my diet a little,i was starting o ge a bit bored,excellent ill try the ones that you've said about.if you can find some more id appreciate that,ooohh yeah im having a bagel for brekkie instead of wholemeal bread,i also have albran and muesli.

Back