All advice needed please

Ohh dear - not really much better :(

You have no HEs there, no protein, not enough fruit and veg, and not enough syns. Basically that is a starvation diet

You could have some ryvita with your cottage cheese for breakfast , along with your banana (or cereal with your banana)
And what about your HEa - what are you using that for? If not milk then you could have cheese.

Try and have a mid-morning snack - perhaps yoghurt and fruit

For lunch you'll need to add your superfree so perhaps add lots of chopped veggies in the rice

You could have some meat with your mash and carrots at dinner time - perhaps some chicken or beef? And some fruit for afters?

Then you need to have more syns - what did you like eating before SW? You could have a glass of wine, a packets of crisps, chocolate biscuit - whatever you fancy.

ETA You've edited your post since I typed this but you get the idea

I cant have meat with the potatoe n carrots if im doing a green day, can I?

Also is the revision I made and the edits coming any closer to being OK?

Startin to wonder if im not meant to get slimmer, lol.

Great advice from Circes!

Don't get yourself down about it.... Sometimes you just need to have a little bit of a re- think. Adding veggies to rice is a great way to incorporate your superfree.

With a bit of tweaking you will get straight into the swing if it I'm sure

I agree with everyone else you need to eat more

although it has already been said -

if you dont eat enough.... especially with the exercise you are doing...your body goes into starvation mode and tries to store it all as fat because it doesn't 'know' when it will get to eat again....so it needs to turn it into fat for your in anticipation of needing it for your next exercise.....

think of it as a little man stranded on an island and finding a wee pile of food, he saves it up because he doesn't know when he will get more, whereas if he has a massive pile (which for us should be free food ) he feels ok to burn some of it off cause he knows there will be loads more left and will not have to go save it

eating more your body knows more is coming so it doesn't need to store good food (as fat) for emergencies as it knows it will get more soon

at first your body would have been having to burn fat to keep up - resulting in you losing weight but then it realised it was only getting small amounts....
so now it is storing all it can because it is 'starvation mode'

this is my opinion on why its stopped anyway
(sorry for the long post, psychology student here lol)

also eating the same thing all the time, makes your body bored
so try to vary it a bit

also more fruit and veg would help

also i eat a full tin of beans , a whole bowl of grapes,....you can eat as much as you want of free foods not just a handful
i have a food diary if you want to look - its in my signature -OMNOMNOMS lol

keep at it
a few small changes should help

Leia
x

I think some Quorn sausages would go very nicely with that dinner :D They're free and really filling.

If it was me I'd also have some cauliflower with it - if you dine like it you can mash it into your potatoes and you won't even notice it, but will be upping your superfree. :D

Thank you all, gonna try and eat as much as possible tomorrow onwards. Have revised my meal plan AND, im doing a red day for a change.

Breakfast will be banana, syn free cottage cheese (half a tub of)

lunch will be x4 small hovis (both heBs), 3 eggs as frylite eggy bread (i enjoy this lol) with heA (low fat cheese sprinkled on), with LOTS of grapes.

dinner will be bacon (fat cut off), 8 sausages(half a syn per), a tin of plum tomatoes, fried mushrooms (in fry lite).

snacks will be grapes and maybe another banana and even an omelette if needed.

Sugar free juice all day.

Syns will be 5 for soya crisps, plus the 4 for the sausages.

Better? lol

I cant have meat with the potatoe n carrots if im doing a green day, can I?

Also is the revision I made and the edits coming any closer to being OK?

Startin to wonder if im not meant to get slimmer, lol.

Yes you can have meat on a green day - you can have it as a HEB choice.

I would try and have a HEB with your breakfast instead of lunch. It will help get your metabolism up and running and burning calories.

Then use your second HEB at dinner time for some meat. Add some veggies to your rice at lunchtime and you are really getting there.

Don't feel bad, we don't want to pick apart what you are eating. Why not take a look at the food diary section and see what other folk are eating on a daily basis. Or you could try following the 7-day menu plan from the website or magazine and see how you get on with that.

A lot of us come to SW believing that we need to really cut back and restrict our food intake to lose weight. But it really isn't true - you just need to eat the right foods. i think you'll be surprised how much you can eat and still lose weight.

I think some Quorn sausages would go very nicely with that dinner :D They're free and really filling.

If it was me I'd also have some cauliflower with it - if you dine like it you can mash it into your potatoes and you won't even notice it, but will be upping your superfree. :D

will be shopping on wednesday and getting plenty of veg including cauly and brocolli, which on wednesday when i have this meal plan, will add quorn sausages and more veg to the dinner, plus for the lunch i could always put some quorn mince into the rice along with some fried onions and peppers.

Hope im on the right track with the plans, lol.

Don't be too hard on yourself! If you want some inspiration then have a look at some of the food diaries on here. You don't need to be a good cook - you just need to know how to follow a recipe - my OH couldn't boil an egg until i explained all my food came from cookbooks and the only skill i was demonstrating was how to read :)

Also worth getting some quorn mince to have with chilli or spag bol instead of mince on green days - another way of eating protein.

Yes you can have meat on a green day - you can have it as a HEB choice. I would try and have a HEB with your breakfast instead of lunch. It will help get your metabolism up and running and burning calories.

Then use your second HEB at dinner time for some meat. Add some veggies to your rice at lunchtime and you are really getting there.

Don't feel bad, we don't want to pick apart what you are eating. Why not take a look at the food diary section and see what other folk are eating on a daily basis. Or you could try following the 7-day menu plan from the website or magazine and see how you get on with that.

Just had a flick through and noticed that people tend to be eating alot more and alot more fruit and veg, both of which thanks to you all I know I need to start doing and I will do, going shopping on wednesday and will be all fruit and veg.

Also gonna start adding extra to my meals, like quorn mince onions n peppers to my rice, sausages to my meals etc.

I agree with all that has been posted.

I will add that you need to eat BEFORE exercise as well as after.
Your body's metabolism needs to be told you have 'woken up' so have a banana and a cuppa, then do your exercise and then have a full breakfast.
This will start the body burning calories (the banana) then it will continue for two hours after you stop to burn fat, paradoxically it needs fuel to do so.

Going by the foods you have mentioned I would try

Banana (pre exercise)
Eggs, quorn sausage, dry fried potatoes (cubed and boiled in advance the night before) and beans,

Lunch
Pasta salad with (Cherry toms,cucumber, peppers, s onions, sweetcorn ...all if liked) mixed with Cottage cheese and a sprinkle of paprika.

Dinner
Pork steak/chop, mashed potato, broccoli and carrots, maybe use your syns for a cheese sauce?

GonnaBeANewMan said:
Thank you all, gonna try and eat as much as possible tomorrow onwards. Have revised my meal plan AND, im doing a red day for a change.

lunch will be x4 small hovis (both heBs), 3 eggs as frylite eggy bread (i enjoy this lol) with heA (low fat cheese sprinkled on), with LOTS of grapes.

dinner will be bacon (fat cut off), 8 sausages(half a syn per), a tin of plum tomatoes, fried mushrooms (in fry lite).

Better? lol

This is much more like it.
Do consider the extra easy plan though. You can mix the free foods from red & green days just ensure you have a third of superfree foods with your main meals. Then just have 1 A & 1 B. I find it far easier to stick to than red and green because you don't have to worry about mixing.

If you are not really into cooking, look out for the 98% fat free super noodles, they are free on green and extra easy :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

GonnaBeANewMan said:

Better? lol

This is a lot better! How's about adding some sliced tomatoes onto lunches eggy bread?

You really can have as much fruit and veg as you want :) xx

Thanks all so much for the responses, can't explain in words how much it means for the warmness and encouragement.

Good idea, extra tomatoe on the eggy bread before i put the cheese on top, sounds nice actually, thank you :D

Just finished today off with another banana, half a pot of cottage cheese and another bag of 5syn soya crisps, so thats 11 syns today altogether! lol

Hey well done on your weightloss so far. I agree with what everyone else has said. I'm sure if you take on the advice given then you will have a fab weightloss next weigh in day x

May I just add ( not noticed it mentioned) try and vary your healthy extras, when my weight loss slows I try and have a different one every day. Just have a good look at the site, what r u having for dinner/ breakfast/ lunch are good subjects to look up. I'm sure you'll do great with all us mother hens looking after you!! ;)

Back