All inclusive holiday!!

cat38x

Eek! Hoping that I don't undo all the hard work while i'm on holiday. At least with it being buffet style food I can pick and choose what I have, it'll be the cocktails that do me lol. How have other people coped while away?

good question were going all inclusive to menorca 27th sep next month wooooooh :) be like you say we can pick and choose. x

i also have my baby girls baptism 28 aug so have that to overcome first lol x

When I last did atkins 2 yrs ago I undid all my hard work within a day of arriving in cyprus at an all inclusive hotel! I started off with all the best intentions but unfortunately went downhill, I had a beltin holiday but put about half a stone on and couldnt get back into atkins when I returned :-(

The most important thing is to enjoy your holiday - so don't worry about it and get back into clean and green when you come home :)

I'll most definitely be enjoying the holiday :) much deserved and needed for me and especially my Jaxy :D. Still going to be sensible though (well on the food side at least, can't promise about the drink lol). Hoping that as i've found it so easy to stick to so far then it won't be too hard to get back in to

we can have vodka and diet coke tho? no carbs in them

Yeah, was hoping for a few tasty cocktails though lol

lol i love rose, cocktails make me feel sick lol x

I went on an all inclusive to lanzarote and had lost 5lbs when I got home just by having low carb foods from the buffet, still had a few vodka and diet cokes too! I am on Cambridge but did atkins for the week I was away as didn't want to ruin it! x

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

oooooh will have to get that thanks :)

We are looking at booking our holiday too and am worried about this. I am now looking for S/C but part of the enjoyment of holiday is the break from cooking etc... so basically looking at AI, BB and HB too will just have to see......

As long as there's a buffet you can make good choices. Just get the protein, veg, salad and dont worry about carrots and sauces. If you dont start on the bread/pasta/potatoes then you wont crave more of them! If you need dessert have some lovely fruit and cream.

For drinks - steer clear of fruit juice - how about wine, rum and soda, diet mixers etc

If you eat tons and drink lots you might not lose but shouldnt gain

In the end - just enjoy:)

I returned from 2 weeks' camping in the south of France yesterday to find I've gained 6 pounds. I'm afraid I couldn't resist all those carb-laden croissants, crepes, baguettes, pizza, and not to mention French WINE!

But you know what? I had such a good time and enjoyed the break soooo much that I don't care! I'm just going to draw a line under it and start again!

Back on the wagon today!

(wish we hadn't brought home all that wine though... :rolleyes:)

Thanks Kat1e - still not chosen our hol yet but I am going to do my best what ever we end up doing but agree its my holiday so will have a few treats but I know I am likely to put on but I can just make sure I get back to it when I get back.

Back