All upset again

Have you tried per una jeans from m and s? I don't what size they go up to in short but they are generous sizes (and stretch a bit after a few washes). They are higher waist than you get in other high street shops, but I find that's a good thing if you've only got little legs like me!
They are quite expensive for me but I will try some when the snow subsides x

They are quite expensive for me but I will try some when the snow subsides x

Fair enough - you're right they're not cheap. I got the thicker ones (just feel material in the thigh) and these have lasted me twice as long as cheaper/thinner pairs which I find wear through in the thigh after about 6 months.

Fair enough - you're right they're not cheap. I got the thicker ones (just feel material in the thigh) and these have lasted me twice as long as cheaper/thinner pairs which I find wear through in the thigh after about 6 months.
I hope I won't need them to last long if I continue to lose weight lol xx

((Hugs)) Rosie... I know you must feel very frustrated but as others have said sizes vary a lot from shop to shop and also our bone and muscle structures are all different so people of the same weight may wear totally different sizes. Please don't fret too much, you are a lovely lady, and I hate it when you are sad xxx

Think about it this way - alot of people squeeze themselves into clothes that are far too small for them, just to say that they are now a size 12 - in ONE item of clothing!

Its better than clothes fit - not what size they say - nothing is more digusting than fat rolls! YUCK!

If you have one near you....Try Bon Marche. They do trousers that are 25" length and are large enough sizes to fit even me!!!! (To keep you all guessing, they range from about 12-26 ;) )

There's one on London Rd (in Brighton) and one on George St (in case you live in 'Hove Actually' ;) )

Last edited:
16's in Dorothy Perkins are great for me, yet I have dresses from Oasis and Warehouse from last summer that wont go near me, yet they state they are the same size!

No consistency!
This is my problem,like you, size 16 fits me nicely but I am only 139lbs in weight which is less than your goal weight. xx

I have just been reading the thread on here about size and weight. Why why why am I still too big for size 14s if at 5 foot one I weigh less than 10 stone. I get so jealous reading about people of similar size and weight in size 12s. i would have to be 8 stone to fit in them. I have tiny bone structure(taking size 3 shoes) No one ever believes me when I say what size I am. I want to wear size 12 and 14 NOT FAIR XXX

Me and my friend are the other way round.

she is 2 inches shorter than me.

we used to be the same size which was an 18 she has now slimmed to a 14 and now 11st 7.

she was 14 st 2 ans i was 18st 13 and we both wore the same clothes as we used to swap!

when i was a size 14 i was 14st

bonus that i got her old wardrobe of clothes as she doesnt fit in them any longer and i gave her all my skinny clothes!

it just depends where you carry your weight and how you are proportioned.

i hold my weight differently to my mate

im hour glass and she was a coloumn (cant spell)

everyone is different...... and thank goodness for it!! would be a boring world otherwise!

I have just been reading the thread on here about size and weight. Why why why am I still too big for size 14s if at 5 foot one I weigh less than 10 stone. I get so jealous reading about people of similar size and weight in size 12s. i would have to be 8 stone to fit in them. I have tiny bone structure(taking size 3 shoes) No one ever believes me when I say what size I am. I want to wear size 12 and 14 NOT FAIR XXX

aw sweetie. I really feel for you, as we are the same heightish, weight and i myself am a 10..so i feel that pain you must feel of just wanting to be that size smaller. However everyone really does hold thier weight differently. For example, my best friend is just 1 stone in difference and the exact same weight as me.. yet she is a size 18.. the size i used to be, when i was 4.5 stone heavier.. which not only means by weighing just one stone less than her i am 4-5 dress sizes smaller, but that when i was 4 and a half stone heavier, i was the size she is, and yet she is that size at just 11 stone, and she has no where near as much to lose as i did.

see how crazy it all is?

aslong as you are healthy, that is what matters most.

Maybe you should take some times learning to love yourself.. because i made the mistake of thinking as soon as i was the dress size i wanted to be i would be so happy i would be so confident within myself and emotionally strong and accepting of myself, and that was not the case. You have to do it while your on your journey, otherwise you just begin a whole other type of journey once your 'weight loss' journey is over. Trust me. You dont want to push for that size lower, and find your still unhappy.

Take some time for yourself. Give yourself credit for how far youv come.

Love to you xxx

Back