All you can eat buffet !!!!!!! Would you just take the night off? Help?!

slimming_em

Hi all

I think I know the answer to my own question but I'm in a really good place with this diet and have lost 20lbs since I started dieting this time so would rather not eat anything other than SnS products HOWEVER its my brother-in-law's birthday tomorrow (he's only a teenager) and I would feel really bratty if I didn't go because I'm on a diet (and my sister in law is a size 6 and ALWAYS complaining she can't find clothes that fit!!!!!). I could just stick to the salad stuff/protein but I feel this would be a massive waste of my money.

I'm thinking of maybe just avoiding the big carb foods like potatoes/pasta/ rice etc...... or should I just have the night off and deal with the consequences of getting back into ketosis? (I usually find it quite easy the first couple of days but thats not to say I'm not hungry for those days either)

I guess I'm just looking for opinions, bit like a 'what would you do? scenario :confused: ..... thanks guys x em x

depends what you consider a waste of money, eat what you like and set yourseld back a week and spend £40 on s'n's getting back to where you are now?

I went to an all you can eat buffet on a big family do. I was on 4 packs a day at the time. I just explained to the people in the restaurant that I wouldn't be eating and I had a fantastic evening!

i agree with nomsad, i would either go and get veggies/chicken (although from my experience, there is so much hidden starch and sugar in chinese buffet) or i would bin it off and arrange to meet them after for a drink or see them another time.

its your body and your choice to get healthy, they should respect that.

I've been to an all you can eat buffet and said i had food intolerances, and was allow to sit and have a drink. Its too hard not to indulge at one of those buffets esp the pudding bits. I just think honesty is the best policy, surely your family should understand. don't break it now, it would really take you a week on 4 packs a day to lose what you put on, its not really worth it, its a shame you cant get them to eat at nandos lol :)

I would eat low carb and enjoy yourself, like you say it's all you can eat so there is no reason you should feel short changed, or deprived. Just stay away from the sauce covered foods, rices and noodles. Enjoy and have fun x

I think I just have to be decisive one way or the other. I can't really not go so might just try avoid anything obviously carby/sauces and see where I land on Weds. thanks all! I think I know what I should do for the best but as its my in-laws don't always feel comfortable being that honest about my weight x em x

good luck whatever you decide :) we'll be here to help you get back on track just don't let it knock you off completely, dont let it turn into days off...... :)

I went to an all you can eat for my other halfs birthday last week and just had meat and veg, didn't bother me Atall I couldnt eat carbs, was full really quickly too off the meat :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can imagine it will be very hard watching everyone eat food you would normally eat, but remeber how empowering it will feel coming away from the night knowing you have stuck to eating healthy and resisting the food which has made you feel the need to diet in the first place. Stay strong and im pretty sure the people with you will admire your determination.

STAY STRONG AND GOOD LUCK xx

personally i wouldnt go all out and come out of ketosis because there will always be things coming up i could find excuses to eat at and pretty much putting myself back a week for one day seems a bad deal .Plus getting back on the wagon is always tricky and days can turn into weeks/months. Eat low carb you will be glad you did when the party is over.

Last edited:
You guys are strong!! I would find it so hard not to indulge... I would probably eat meat first with the right intentions and reassess the situation. If I'm full from meat then job done!!

Back