All you can eat indian?

poppyuk

Hi, new to calorie counting, it's my daughters birthday in 2 weeks and everyones off to the all u can eat indian :sigh: so was wondering if anyone knows which indian food is lowest in calories, so i can choose wisely?

stick to tandoori dishes with no sauces - chicken or lamb tikka are good choices, naan bread and poppadoms are also high in calories and fat so best avoided x

I second that, nothing with a sauce. If you do then just have a little amount.

fill up on salad and try to have small amounts of things with chick peas, lentils, and chicken chaat etc.

Enjoy yum! :)

boiled rice is fine, if you don't fancy tandoori try and go for something tomato based i.e rogan josh but remember this is still cooked using ghee. Avoid tikka masala and korma at all costs.
x

Essentially what the above have said. Don't "fill up" on rice, though, as it's 150 calories per 100g.

If the worst comes to the worst, fill up on a salad before you go. That way you won't be tempted to eat half the buffet cart :D

Hello, my first post but just to say this is terrific advice above. My choice would be chicken tikka with salad and share someone else's rice! That way you can just take 2 or 3 spoonsful and be happy. Enjoy the occasion, have a good laugh and don't think you're missing anything when you see the others' plates lol. You are only missing fat piling on.....

Tessa x

Sadly yes, but it is the moreish thing that gets me - if you can limit yourself to hald of one with a tiny spot of chutney (very high cals) go for it - i personally couldnt so tend to avoid!
Good luck hon
x

I've only eaten indian once so sadly i am of no help..and have no idea what all those dishes are listed above..haha. All i can tell you is to eat a salad or something low in calories but filling before you go...and drink a entire glass of water about five minutes before your food comes and try to only eat half the plate..thats what i do..its okay to treat yourself if you do it the right way...Because nobody wants to be on a diet forever you need to learn to control your eating so it becomes a way of life and not a diet..Goodluck! And happy bday to your little one!

Back