All you can eat indian?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by poppyuk, 24 January 2010 Social URL.

1. poppyuk

poppyuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Hi, new to calorie counting, it's my daughters birthday in 2 weeks and everyones off to the all u can eat indian :sigh: so was wondering if anyone knows which indian food is lowest in calories, so i can choose wisely?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

stick to tandoori dishes with no sauces - chicken or lamb tikka are good choices, naan bread and poppadoms are also high in calories and fat so best avoided x

4. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I second that, nothing with a sauce. If you do then just have a little amount.

fill up on salad and try to have small amounts of things with chick peas, lentils, and chicken chaat etc.

Enjoy yum! :)

5. kimber

kimber Full Member

boiled rice is fine, if you don't fancy tandoori try and go for something tomato based i.e rogan josh but remember this is still cooked using ghee. Avoid tikka masala and korma at all costs.
    x

6. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    Essentially what the above have said. Don't "fill up" on rice, though, as it's 150 calories per 100g.

If the worst comes to the worst, fill up on a salad before you go. That way you won't be tempted to eat half the buffet cart :D

7. Tessa

Tessa New Member

Hello, my first post but just to say this is terrific advice above. My choice would be chicken tikka with salad and share someone else's rice! That way you can just take 2 or 3 spoonsful and be happy. Enjoy the occasion, have a good laugh and don't think you're missing anything when you see the others' plates lol. You are only missing fat piling on.....

Tessa x

8. poppyuk

poppyuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Thanks for all your advice :) are pompadoms high calorie? i love them with the onion salad and mango chutney..

9. kimber

kimber Full Member

Sadly yes, but it is the moreish thing that gets me - if you can limit yourself to hald of one with a tiny spot of chutney (very high cals) go for it - i personally couldnt so tend to avoid!
    Good luck hon
    x

10. Caloriefree

Caloriefree Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.76%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I've only eaten indian once so sadly i am of no help..and have no idea what all those dishes are listed above..haha. All i can tell you is to eat a salad or something low in calories but filling before you go...and drink a entire glass of water about five minutes before your food comes and try to only eat half the plate..thats what i do..its okay to treat yourself if you do it the right way...Because nobody wants to be on a diet forever you need to learn to control your eating so it becomes a way of life and not a diet..Goodluck! And happy bday to your little one!

11. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    Poppadoms are deep-fried. They're full of lovely, lovely fat. Avoid like the plague.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.