all you slow cooker experts !!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by mommyB, 4 January 2010 Social URL.

1. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    Its my daughters birthday on saturday and the plan is to take a group of girls to the bear factory,then home for burgers and hotdogs.
    To save a bit of time was thinking of pre cooking some or all of the burgers and sausages,wrap them in foil and leave them to keep warm in my slow cooker.

Do you think this would work ok ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tia1976

Tia1976 Full Member

I always thought that slow cookers had to have liquid in there.....maybe I am wrong. You could wrap in foil and then heat up in the oven when you get back, shouldn't take too long...

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I got some books from the library when I got my SC and there was a recipe for cooking your breakfast sausages overnight. Sorry I can't help with any more information than that. And no you don't always need liquid in the SC as you can quite happy roast squash or bake potatoes in them.

5. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    When you cook in a slow cooker the steam it generates usually keeps your food from drying out plus the natural juices in whatever you are cooking.

I would think it depends on how long you are going to be away - so maybe warming your cooked burgers in the oven or microwave would be a better option for you.

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wouldn't warm them up at all, they're only going to take a short while to cook anyway. If it were me I'd prepare everything, ie. have them ready to cook & as soon as you all get in turn on the grill. By the time the girls have got settled dinner will be ready. I'm not too keen on warming food up.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.