Slimming world beef stew slow cooker

Hi Annie I do stews in my slow cooker regularly! It's easy peasy. I dice an onion, chop up a couple of carrots however you like, peel and chop celery and put it all in with raw beef (shin is my favourite!) Then I either put in a packet mix and syn it (usually low as it serves 4) and chopped tomatoes or a couple of oxo cubes and hot water for syn free. On low for 8 hours ish or high for 6. I take the lid off for the last 15mins or so if it looks a bit watery! You can put potatoes in if you like (raw) and/or pearl barley- free on green and EE I think- which also help to thicken!
Hope this helps x

Hi Annie I do stews in my slow cooker regularly! It's easy peasy. I dice an onion, chop up a couple of carrots however you like, peel and chop celery and put it all in with raw beef (shin is my favourite!) Then I either put in a packet mix and syn it (usually low as it serves 4) and chopped tomatoes or a couple of oxo cubes and hot water for syn free. On low for 8 hours ish or high for 6. I take the lid off for the last 15mins or so if it looks a bit watery! You can put potatoes in if you like (raw) and/or pearl barley- free on green and EE I think- which also help to thicken!
Hope this helps x

If u use beef stock and make up with water then u don't need a secret. I add normal gravy granules at end and syn it

Back