Saying hi!

Vixxy16

Hi

I signed up to SW on Tuesday. My Mum will be joining me in a couple of weeks following our holiday. I've joined online to get started before I lose the impetus! We're thinking of trying the group to see whether it's for us but I'm very shy so it may not be for me.

I have tried WW in the past and lost 1 1/2 stone but then a short hospital spell and medication meant I lost the inclination to keep it up and over the last 4 years the weight has gone back on and then some.

Being only 4ft 10in I am considerably overweight and I also suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis which has left me with damaged joints which means I'm limited with regards to exercise. I'm trying to up that a little bit with the help of the Nintendo Wii and possibly some hydrotherapy (if the hospital ever get back to me) but I don't want to rely on exercise to help weight loss because I can go days or weeks without being able to do any.

Still finding my way around the plan but am spending the first practice week (while on my own) finishing up the odd bad thing in the cupboard and familiarising myself with what is good!

Have printed out some recipes and we have tried the SW mash and the Easy tuna pasta bake so far. Living with my parents means finding meals we will all eat otherwise the kitchen is a bit crowded! Tomorrow we're trying Homity Pie (or Hoppity Pie as my Dad is calling it) as a side to pork.

One question I do have is about sausages and burgers. We have found some lovely ones from a local butcher but I don't know how to point them? Would they be free food (there is very little if any fat lost when cooking) or should I add a couple of syns just in case? Really don't like low fat sausages as have never found any that aren't a bit cardboard like!

Anyway that's me!

Back