Alli's "I want to be fit, forty and fabulous" Diary :)

herewego

Gold Member
Hi All,

Right, I will tell you all upfront that I'm rubbish at diaries and rarely stick to them so you may want to wait a week or two until you invest any time in reading it!!

I lost a lot of weight with the Cambridge Plan in 2009 and was very active here on Minimins but as the pounds have gone back on my posts started dwindling. It's just not as much fun posting about weight gain - I'd much prefer to bury my head in the sand (or in a box of chocolates) and try not to think about the clothes being too tight.

Here I am, 4 years later, and all the weight that I lost have found me again and attached itself on my body differently this time so that I look like I'm pregnant! I've had 2 comments from people thinking I'm expecting and it was excruciating but it did give me the kick needed to take some action and so I've joined SW (have done SW several times before but not stuck to it for long).

So far I'm 3 weeks in and have lost 1lb lol. That might sound pathetic but I had some not great news at the beginning of week 2 and it resulted in chaotic eating including meals out etc so I put on 3lbs that week. Overall I'm sticking to the SW rules quite well and am hopefull that I can do this provided that I carry on going to meetings. I've got 2 holidays coming up so they will be a challenge but I will do my best.

So, in order to try and track my food choices and my (fingers crossed) weight loss I thought a diary here might be useful. :)

I weigh in on a Monday and this week I lost 2.5lbs so happy with that. I'm aiming for 1lb next week as I'm away for the weekend and also working away one night as well as a girl's night out on Friday - actually I'll be happy with a STS really...:rolleyes:

Menu for today is:

B: Strawberries, banana
L: Spag Bols with grated cheese (1/2HEA)
D: Paprika Chicken (3)
S: SW Ferrero Rocher x 5 = (5), yogurt, bag of popchips (5), hifi (HEB), coffee (1/2 HEA)

Hey Alli!

How are things? Is it the prosecco and Daim? Mine is still the lack of fitness.

Hey Alli!

How are things? Is it the prosecco and Daim? Mine is still the lack of fitness.

LOL - I haven't had a Daim bar in ages but yes Prosecco is still a big part of my life!! :D
Fitness - I was doing OK running but haven't been out for a few weeks now so must get going again. I always find an excuse though...even my morning walk with the dogs has reduced from an hour to 30 minutes as I can't get out of bed.

Still, at least I'm doing something about it now - long may it last! :)

Aren't you still working? If not -- that explains the lack of motivation. I was so much better when I worked.

Aren't you still working? If not -- that explains the lack of motivation. I was so much better when I worked.

Yup, still working although recently found out that I'm being made redundant again so that might explain why exercise isn't top of my to do list even though it ought to be...

Still I'm doing OK on sw at the moment so at least one thing is kind of under control...

So far my day has been great food wise. I have a HiFi bar and a cup of coffee planned for later but that's it.

Hope everyone's having a nice evening! I will be once I put my monsters to bed. I'm trying to ignore their bickering upstairs but it's not working very well lol...

Yup, still working although recently found out that I'm being made redundant again so that might explain why exercise isn't top of my to do list even though it ought to be...

Still I'm doing OK on sw at the moment so at least one thing is kind of under control...

So far my day has been great food wise. I have a HiFi bar and a cup of coffee planned for later but that's it.

Hope everyone's having a nice evening! I will be once I put my monsters to bed. I'm trying to ignore their bickering upstairs but it's not working very well lol...

Wow. Again! That bites. My friend just get her letter today. She's self-supporting and in her late 50s. She'd worked there 11 years.

Morning Diary,

So this has been a disaster of a week from a SW point of view - in all other ways it's been fab! I was away with work on Thursday and stayed overnight in a hotel. I did try to choose well but the late night rhubarb crumble with ice cream was not planned! ;)

Friday night I was out for dinner at TGI. I had the chicken fajita salad and don't really want to think about how many syns that was but it was better than a rack of ribs hopefully!

Then it was the weekend and DH and I were away with friends eating well and drinking lots of bubbly. The weekend was rounded off with fish and chips on Brighton beach with the kids last night. :eek:.

Weigh in tonight so am not looking forward to that. Still, this week should be pretty straight forward so hopefully I can get a decent loss next week.

Food today will be:

B: Bowl of strawberries
L: moroccan spiced chicken and cous cous, fruit salad
S: 2 x hifi bar (at meeting) HEB, Milk in coffee HEA, mars bar ice cream (7)
D: Chicken Jalfrezi from the Hairy Dieter's cook book

Hi Alli!

Morning Diary,

So this has been a disaster of a week from a SW point of view - in all other ways it's been fab! I was away with work on Thursday and stayed overnight in a hotel. I did try to choose well but the late night rhubarb crumble with ice cream was not planned! ;)

Friday night I was out for dinner at TGI. I had the chicken fajita salad and don't really want to think about how many syns that was but it was better than a rack of ribs hopefully!

Then it was the weekend and DH and I were away with friends eating well and drinking lots of bubbly. The weekend was rounded off with fish and chips on Brighton beach with the kids last night. :eek:.

Weigh in tonight so am not looking forward to that. Still, this week should be pretty straight forward so hopefully I can get a decent loss next week.

Food today will be:

B: Bowl of strawberries
L: moroccan spiced chicken and cous cous, fruit salad
S: 2 x hifi bar (at meeting) HEB, Milk in coffee HEA, mars bar ice cream (7)
D: Chicken Jalfrezi from the Hairy Dieter's cook book

Sounds like your week was lovely and worth it.

Good for you getting right back on plan. Good luck with your weigh in.

I lost 2.5lbs at weigh in last night - unbelievable!! :eek::bliss:

Considering the week I had had I really didn't deserve it. From Thursday onwards I was off plan (as I think I mentioned yesterday) although I did try and either choose wisely or at least have smaller portions. I guess that must have worked. I would like to say that it could have been down to the scan bran I bought but I made ferrero rochers with them and ate all of them in one night followed by the rest of the jar of nutella :eek: so I doubt that had a positive effect. More likely it is to do with TOM but I'm not going to question it too closely!

Menu today is:

B: Bunch of grapes, coffee
L: Sushi (3), strawberries
D: leftover curry & rice (2)
S: popchips (5), hifi (HEB), milk in coffee (HEA)

I'm going on holiday next week and so would love to lose another couple of lbs next weigh in. Fingers crossed!

Great loss -- especially as it was unexpected! Gould luck with this week -- today's food sounds good. Headed to Sweden?

Great loss -- especially as it was unexpected! Gould luck with this week -- today's food sounds good. Headed to Sweden?

Yes going to Sweden and can't wait! My only gripe is that last year I was determined that I would be going back slim this year and here I am, pretty much exactly the same weight as last year :(. Oh well.

So I ended up having a few more syns yesterday as I found some Thornton's toffee in the cupboard. I'm not sure of the syns but at a guess I ate 20 syns worth so skipped the crisps. Will try and cut back on syns today to compensate but we'll see.

B: Yogurt, fruit
L: Leftover curry (2)
D: Chilli w rice
S: 2 x hifi (HEB), milk in coffee (HEA), grapes, popchips (5)

Stood on the scales this morning (am trying not to but habits die hard!) and they haven't budged yet.

Morning!

Yes going to Sweden and can't wait! My only gripe is that last year I was determined that I would be going back slim this year and here I am, pretty much exactly the same weight as last year :(. Oh well.

So I ended up having a few more syns yesterday as I found some Thornton's toffee in the cupboard. I'm not sure of the syns but at a guess I ate 20 syns worth so skipped the crisps. Will try and cut back on syns today to compensate but we'll see.

B: Yogurt, fruit
L: Leftover curry (2)
D: Chilli w rice
S: 2 x hifi (HEB), milk in coffee (HEA), grapes, popchips (5)

Stood on the scales this morning (am trying not to but habits die hard!) and they haven't budged yet.

At least you're not bigger.

Dear Diary,

I'm so hacked off! I've been really good this week and when I stood on the scales this morning I had put on 2lbs. I know it's probably last week catching up with me but still! This weekend is going to be a challenge as we are out on a boat tonight with fish and chips being served and we have lots planned for the weekend which will make sticking to it hard.
Holiday next week and so I have a feeling that I'm going to come back heavier than when I started SW. So depressing.

Today I'm eating:

B: Strawberries
L: Salad of some description, maybe chicken salad
D: Fish and Chips
S:hifi bars (HEB), milk in coffee (HEA)

Hi Alli,

It could easily be water retention due to the heat. Keep drinking, stay hydrated and do your best -- it you gain: it'll go once you get back on track.

Back