Allowed seasonings

jennikay

Gold Member
I'm on SS+ and am getting a bit bored of the same old taste of chicken etc.
What I was after is a list of allowed seasonings e.g. I know pepper is allowed, are we allowed things like vinegar?

You can have chilli flaked and tabasco if you want to spice it up a bit.

You can have some curry powder..just 1g, but use with care as some people do find it makes them hungry. You can also have a little chilli powder. Vinegar in small amounts are okay too, and low fat dressings.

Fresh mixed herbs are okay (just a little again), or even dried, but make sure there isn't anything added to them

No to the tabasco though

I thought I read somewhere on here that you can use tabasco but only the red one?

Don't know whether that's an old message as I know that tabasco used to be allowed, just someone who thought they could have it.

Officially, it's a not allowed

My CDC said it was allowed, and I use it everyday!

i use it too for my soups, dont think i could stop now????!!!! x

I read on here somewhere that tabasco was allowed! I bought some yesterday! I also use fajita dry rub spice on my chicken and cajun or tikka spice!!! I also put them in the cottage cheese!!!!, and on the fish I am yet to find a way to make tinned tuna less dry and more tasty... any ideas?

my mum always used to add vinegar to tuna ... makes it a bit tastier and less dry!

cheers might try this not keen on vinegar but anythings worth a go!!!!

Back