Almost 4 stone gone but lost motivation

littlemiss

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

I have been calorie counting and eating healthily for over 7 months, I was 15.2 stone after Xmas...the final straw was my xmas pics...iv never stuck to a diet til now.

So I started eating 1000 cals a day, which worked out fine, my main problem before was the chocolate and crisps and cheese. So I totally cut out the chocolate and didnt miss it, I totally lost my addiction and ended up disliking it and couldnt even manage a bar.

I ended up going to Ireland for a short break around 6 weeks ago, I ate 3 healthy meals a day, but was probably going over the 1000 cal mark, we done loads of walking though, and I lost weight when I came home, which was a nice suprise. But the week after that my daughter started school..P1, and im kinda depressed about it and have been creeping back to my old ways...my meals are still healthy, although i've been eating 2 bars of chocolate a day and crisps if i have them...i have an i dont care attitude now, i've been doing this for 4 weeks now and iv not put on any weight, although i have been doing loads of walking. Everyone still tells me i look great with the weight loss so iv kinda lost motivation.

I really still dont feel comfortable, but cant get out the i dont care zone...anyone got any tips

Sorry for the long post!! I always feel better after iv got it all out!!

Thanks everyone
:)

wow, little miss look how amazingly well you have done so far.

you have been so disciplined for so long, it's brilliant. the thing now is not to lose focus. easier said than done i know (i wish i could take my own advice!)
i have been going through a similar phase (not choccy et al, but going over my cals nearly every day) i've written down a list of pros and cons of staying at this weight, and a list of what the pros and cons would be for being at goal weight. it really helps you put into perspective those choccy bars - i'm feeling much more 'bothered' today, and i've even noticed my mood improve as well! i'm succeeding on my diet and feel much happier that i've started to sorted out my issues.

good luck hun - you've done so well this far, just think how horrified and angry with yourself you will be if you put all or even any of your weight back on! yoyo dieting is completely soul-destroying, please don't lose your focus and let it destroy you!

rhuba xxx

Hey,

Thanks for the kind words!!

I was good all day today then when I was at the shop I got myself one of those wispa gold bars...iv not had it yet but i'll have it before bed!

I know I am doing well, but in a way I am fed up with it all as I have been doing this for 7 months and have only lost (nearly) 4 stone. It takes so long for it to come off, even when i'm being really good with food and exercise!

My circumstances have changed recently and I wont have as much time for exercise as I used to (bike, weights, sit ups ect) so i dont know if that is also part of the problem, but I am walking more, so maybe thats exercise enough.

My new goal is definately Christmas, but given the fact its took me so long to lose this much, I doubt I will have lost my remaining 3 stone by then.

One of my partners friends was round last night and he said..have u lost weight...i said yes and he said..your half the person you used to be..i was a bit embarrased by it! hehe it has spurred me on though, as i forget i've lost weight til its mentioned!!

Thanks again!

Well done on your loss so far littlemiss!

I'm probably not the best person to give advice after a bumpy ride this week but I'm determined to get back on track. Some of the things that have helped me was that I tried to get back those feelings at the beginning of the journey. You know the determination and strength that you WILL succeed and will not stop til you get there! Also, visualising your goals and what you want to look like by the end should help loads too.

You really have done so well on the 4stone so far, you've come too far to go back now! keep telling yourself and I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time :)

Hey Littlemiss, don't get down hearted - this is just a little hiccup and who says you have to this all in one go anyway. You're maintaining well at the moment so what's wrong with that? When you're ready to push forward and lose that last few stone go for it! I'm near goal and like you started in January so know just what you mean when you say you're just sick and tired of it! Like you I'm now stalling but I'm not too bothered to be honest. It's not creeping back on so I think what the hell - it'll go eventually! Chin up! ;)

I know it can be so easy to let old habits creep back but don't lose sight of what you are aiming for and don't forget all you have already achieved - we're only human and we all have our off days.

You obviously have the willpower and strength to succeed judging by how well you have done so far - so just muster all you've got and if you end up walking to the shop for naughty food just WALK ON BY!
You'll feel so much better if you do and it'll be a little bit of exercise too... even though you can't keep up the level you have been due to changing circumstances, every little really does help.

GOOD LUCK!

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the advice, its good to know there are people in the same boat! I defo still want to get to goal but im not as determined as before as i've lost a good bit, but as you's can see, ive only lost just more than half my weight!

Unfortunately I cant avoid the shop as I go in to get sweets for my daughter, she gets one every night after dinner..i also go in for milk and fags.

I was thinking...now that i dont get time to exercise, but I am doing more walking...approx an hour a day...I could maybe do 50 sit ups a day too...and go back to the 1000 cals...you guys think that would be enough to keep losing? Before I was on the exercise bike 1/2 hr for 4 days along with weights and sit ups..but wasnt doing nearly as much walking. I've got it into my head that because im not using the bike i will stop losing weight, but surely the walking is just as effective??

Thanks again everyone!

it might be the case you need to up your calories... i know it might sound strange but if your only on 1000, and doing that amount of exercise i think your body maybe holding onto the weight kinda like stavation mode - however i'm not expert,

i worked out just getting up and doing nothing i burn 1560 calories during a typical day, so if i cut 500 calories, i should lose 1lb per week, however if i do exercise i need to up calories per exercise so walking /jogging even house work making beds hooving up & down stairs etc burns calories so i would say i stick to 1500 calories a day with exercise so far it's worked really well until now but i am kicking my butt back in gear maybe this didn't make sense as i am waffling it's late but take a look at this site Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program it tells you what calories you need or ho many you burn etc :)

that this estimate is based on your body weight, height, age, gender, and your average level of activity.

Littlemiss what a amazing effort and result. Well done hun! xx

I agree with all of the above mentioned and now here is my '2 cents worth' (as we say in OZ). Hope it helps.

Increase your cals to maybe 1300 one day and 1100 the next and keep swapping. Sometimes what worked before might not work now as your body would have become used to it. This also applies to the walking, perhaps your body is also used to this now too and you should shake up you routine a little and get some variety in? Variety also with your foods change things a little, keep looking at the 'what have you eaten today' thread for meal plans etc.

Up your water by 300ml or so? and are you taking a multi vitamin? I you are lacking in vits which can happen on a low cal diet you should take one so your body will allow it to loose and let go of the fat, 'starvation/deprivation mode' is what your body might be thinking??

Dont try and assume you will be back on the 1000cal/weight loosing trail tomorrow otherwise you could end up beating yourself up emotionally in your head (I do). Point being gradually have better days;
day 1 cut out the crisp and choc
day 2 - 5 stick to 1500 cals and walking
day 6 - 7 stick to 1300 cals etc.

Sorry my reply was long. Just wanted to perhaps motivate you and give you some good ideas. It will budge! CHIN UP and keep us posted.

Bren
X

Hi

Wannabesize10 you have done really well, your pics are an encouragement, as we've lost around the same!

My doc told me to go on a 1000 cal a day diet, and since ive been eating more I have stayed the same or hardly put on anything, although eating more and exercising might work out. I think I may give this a try, although its hard to find the extra calories to fit in as I am quite often full with what I eat just now. But in saying that, I am sometimes more hungry if I have done a good bit of exercise.

For the next couple of weeks im still going to calorie count, although I wont be strict with the 1000, I will be happy with 1000-1200, and I will do as much exercise as I can to see if that makes a difference. I've been quite good this week, so i'll see how I get on when i weigh myself tomorrow.

Thanks again

Thanks for your lovely comments, sounds like a good plan, i have try and stick to my plan as i have been having the extra choc or ice cream etc and we all know where that can lead ....;)

lets us know how you get on !

Hi,

Weighed myself yesterday and stayed the same, today I bought myself a packet of monster munch, a cadburys caramel and the new mars dark...:eek::eek:

The last 2 days i've had 3 people comment on my weight loss, which makes me feel guilty about the treats...although in my defense...i have been walking loads and haven't had dinners at night, only one meal for either b.fast/lunch (not very healthy i know, but iv been so busy!) But definately getting back into it this week...

Got loads of size 8/10 clothes from my mother in law, work stuff...the tops fit but none of the trousers do, think im 12 on bottoms. I keep looking at the labels on the stuff to spur me on to get into them (they go up my legs and round my stomach but just dont fasten) a few months ago my size 18s were not even going up my thighs!

I used to always cover up with long coats/cardigans ect as they covered my fat but now i've lost weight, im noticing that the long/baggy things make me look bigger! But I still feel to fat to wear tight clothes, does anyone else have this problem??

xxxxxxxxx
;):)

Back