Almost gone one whole week without weighing myself!

My name is Fiona and I am a serial weigher too.
I weigh myself first thing in the morning post pee and pre dressing. I always think it's a shame I can't train my bowels (tmi) but they don't work until I've had at least one cup of coffee and that'll add lbs!!
This is slightly Tongue in cheek you understand.
But I do weigh every day..... I can't help myself.

I weigh every other day, always in the morning and always before brekkie.
Who knew that porridge could weigh 2lbs!!
I used to do it duringthe day too, but was giving myself a complex so stopped!
Funnily enough, I was 145 this morning despite it being TOTM( I'm maintaining at 146) so who the hell knows how they work?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fionat29 said:
My name is Fiona and I am a serial weigher too.
I weigh myself first thing in the morning post pee and pre dressing. I always think it's a shame I can't train my bowels (tmi) but they don't work until I've had at least one cup of coffee and that'll add lbs!!
This is slightly Tongue in cheek you understand.
But I do weigh every day..... I can't help myself.

Oh my god you are my scales twin!!! I do exactly the same lol

An I have the same bowels vs coffee theory ;) pmsl. Glad I'm not the only one!!

I weigh morning and night. Trying to stop the night one as it makes me miserable most times. They are such teases tho, this morning I was 14.6 but the day before I was 14.8 I don't believe I have lost 2lbs in a day. So why did I bother weighing myself in the first place?!

I weighed this morning and I'm down 2 to 144!!
I've no idea why as I've not been undereating at all!
Usually I'm 2 or 3 pounds heavier on my TOTM too!
It makes me wonder if scales can EVER be trusted!

Legomom said:
Oh my god you are my scales twin!!! I do exactly the same lol

An I have the same bowels vs coffee theory ;) pmsl. Glad I'm not the only one!!

See, if I didn't weigh everyday, I wouldn't know that I'd lost a pound. Yay! Maybe I'm finally leaving plateau land.

My name is Kim and I'm a serial weigher (hangs head in sham...........Not!!) I have got it down to 3 times a week so I'm getting there..Slowly :) lol

Epic fail on the not weighing lol but I'm happy to report another loss PMSL. it really does keep me on the straight an narrow so I'm gonna try an ease up but not stress over it!! I'd rather know on wed if the weeks going crap coz then I can try an sort it!!!

I was hopping on the scales every morning - which was an eye-opening - I can vary several pounds either way from day to day. I'm trying to break the habit ...

I am also a serial weigher. Used to be easy until I moved house 6 months ago, now the only room in the house without carpet is the kitchen. The first time I weighed in my bathroom I nearly cried as had gained 7lbs, until hubbie pointed out that the carpet makes them unrelliable. Sooooo, weighing is now in the kitchen, without clothes (!) first thing in the morning, and hopefully when I come downstairs hubbie has remembered to close the blinds in the kitchen otherwise I am dancing around naked in the hallway while he does lol!
Seriously though, I have tried to weigh only once a week, but find if I am not monitoring myself I can too easily slip off track. If I weigh in the morning and have a loss it boosts me for the whole day, encourages me to continue. Strangely if I don't lose it motivates me to try harder - so it's a win/win situation from where I am :)

I've asked my husband to remove the scales and I'll WI using wii fit - my scales are rubbish and completely unreliable and I don't want to be addicted - I decided this after spending ages this morning moving the scales around the floor to find the best/lowest bit of floor - not healthy!

Seems theres a lot of us out there with scale issues!

I'm doing good this week too. Despite a massive blowout (unrecorded on MFP as I have no idea just how much damage I did) on Monday night I didn't jump on the scales Tuesday morning to see what damage I'd done... hopefully my being good the rest of the week plus 2 gym sessions (an extra long session at the gym saturday to make up for the fact I can't go 3 times this week) will help me make up for it by Monday!

Lovehatecarbs said:
I've asked my husband to remove the scales and I'll WI using wii fit - my scales are rubbish and completely unreliable and I don't want to be addicted - I decided this after spending ages this morning moving the scales around the floor to find the best/lowest bit of floor - not healthy!

My scales have to be lined up precisely with a particular tile on the Lino. Otherwise disaster befalls the weigher! Lol.
It's so good to know there are people as mad as me out there!

Back