Puddings Alternative low syn pipeable topping to buttercream

EmTaylor

Hi,

My mums on slimming world and I'm due to be starting it this Tuesday. I want to make her a cupcake bouquet for mothers day rather than a huge cake. I've managed to make my cupcake recipe lower in syns but I can't figure out how to make an alternative to the buttercream. I need something that will pipe correctly to give a rose look similar to the picture below.
images

Thanks in advance :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Laura101518

Hi,

My mums on slimming world and I'm due to be starting it this Tuesday. I want to make her a cupcake bouquet for mothers day rather than a huge cake. I've managed to make my cupcake recipe lower in syns but I can't figure out how to make an alternative to the buttercream. I need something that will pipe correctly to give a rose look similar to the picture below.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi
How about quark (syn free fat free cheese) made sweet with powdered sweetener, vanilla essence and a splash of pink food colouring?

Pinkydoodles

S: 15st11.5lb C: 15st1.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 32.2 Loss: 0st10lb(4.51%)
That would be my suggestion too Laura, although I have tried it before and its not great tasting!!

I would rather use the light philadelphia cheese [with sweetener/vanilla essence/colouring] as it has a better taste and just syn it or use it as a HExA choice since you can have 75g of philadephia light as a HExA. 100g light philly is 7 syns - but splitting this between the cupcakes it should only work out a few syns each for the topping depending on how much you use.

I believe there is also a philly extra light - but I have never seen it!

Another choice is using a plain vanilla mullerlight yoghurt or fromage frais, but I imagine these might be too 'wet'...

Let us know how you go! Also I would love to hear what your cupcake recipe is as its something I haven't tried?

Good luck,
Rachael

EmTaylor

Morning i used a different recipe to my original one. I found a cake recipe on the SW website that was half a syn for the entire cake so made that into cupcakes. the topping was quark and ff natural yog it was very runny (more a frosting than a piping consistency) so i added a lot of sweetener which thickened it up but was still.a bit runny. Mum enjoyed them though :)
Might try my recipe today and figure out a topping :)

bc201

Silver Member
S: 11st1lb C: 8st11lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 20.8 Loss: 2st4lb(20.65%)
How about quark with a white chocolate options or choc one mixed well and sweetener if needed depending on how much you need half a 1 SYN of options would be enough