Puddings Alternative low syn pipeable topping to buttercream

EmTaylor

Hi,

My mums on slimming world and I'm due to be starting it this Tuesday. I want to make her a cupcake bouquet for mothers day rather than a huge cake. I've managed to make my cupcake recipe lower in syns but I can't figure out how to make an alternative to the buttercream. I need something that will pipe correctly to give a rose look similar to the picture below.
images

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

My mums on slimming world and I'm due to be starting it this Tuesday. I want to make her a cupcake bouquet for mothers day rather than a huge cake. I've managed to make my cupcake recipe lower in syns but I can't figure out how to make an alternative to the buttercream. I need something that will pipe correctly to give a rose look similar to the picture below.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi
How about quark (syn free fat free cheese) made sweet with powdered sweetener, vanilla essence and a splash of pink food colouring?

That would be my suggestion too Laura, although I have tried it before and its not great tasting!!

I would rather use the light philadelphia cheese [with sweetener/vanilla essence/colouring] as it has a better taste and just syn it or use it as a HExA choice since you can have 75g of philadephia light as a HExA. 100g light philly is 7 syns - but splitting this between the cupcakes it should only work out a few syns each for the topping depending on how much you use.

I believe there is also a philly extra light - but I have never seen it!

Another choice is using a plain vanilla mullerlight yoghurt or fromage frais, but I imagine these might be too 'wet'...

Let us know how you go! Also I would love to hear what your cupcake recipe is as its something I haven't tried?

Good luck,
Rachael

Morning i used a different recipe to my original one. I found a cake recipe on the SW website that was half a syn for the entire cake so made that into cupcakes. the topping was quark and ff natural yog it was very runny (more a frosting than a piping consistency) so i added a lot of sweetener which thickened it up but was still.a bit runny. Mum enjoyed them though :)
Might try my recipe today and figure out a topping :)

How about quark with a white chocolate options or choc one mixed well and sweetener if needed depending on how much you need half a 1 SYN of options would be enough

Back