alternative to fry light

yorkshirejo

anything i can use that as no syns and stops food burning i dont like frylight as my pan gets burnt and food dos not cook like with oil did some bacon this morning and hubbys says it tasted like it wasnt cooked

There is no syn free alternative as far as i'm aware, there are some other oil sprays at around 1 syn for 4 sprays.

Do you have a good non quick frying pan? I got a great one from the john lewis value range and don't even bother with frylight when cooking bacon as nothing sticks anyway.

Also spray the frylight on to the pan before it heats up x

probably could do with new pan

You could use PAM spray, it's an American spray oil that they recommend on USA SW and it's a million times better than frylight. I hate frylight and have always used PAM (or the equivalent). You only need a very light spray and it comes out in a fine mist rather than disgusting spurts! Also Cooks essentials non stick pots from QVC are amazing!

Honeyoc, thanks for that post i've never heard of PAM spray. Is it syn free, where can you get it?

I usually get it from the US but you can get it from Amazon Amazon.co.uk: pam spray it's a little expensive but a can lasts ages and ages! And yes, it is syn free!

I think I'll be giving that a miss - £6.99 a can is bad enough but adding on £5.99 postage and it's out of my range however good it is.

Hi you can get pam spray on ebay it costs 3.99 plus 2.35 p and p xx

item number 120735840433 xx

Bargain, I am goona buy some ;o)...xx

Oh you have to spend a minimum of £4.99 though lol.

I think I'll be giving that a miss - £6.99 a can is bad enough but adding on £5.99 postage and it's out of my range however good it is.

I know! This is why I get it in America, they're bigger and much cheaper. I buy a dozen at a time!

I quite like frylight! Tried it today for first time :)

Hi Safia, no PAM does not contain any alcohol :)

I know this won't be any use for frying things like bacon and eggs etc, but when I am frying onions e.g when making a chilli / bolognese / soup, I just cook them instead in about 1/2 cm of water, as I find even with frylight they always stick. Plus it makes me feel extra virtuous!
The main problem I have is that I have an electric hob, which i hate to cook on, but you have to make the best of it I suppose!

Hi everyone by the way, I'm new to these boards:)

is the one on ebay syn free? Some on Amazon have fat free on the label but the one on ebay doesn't .Sorry to keep asking.

Back