Alternative to using milk in Pasta in Sauce on green days!

Leigh.

I just had a bit of a brainwave while having my lunch...

I just had the Mediterranean Tomato and Vegetable Wholegrain Pasta in Sauce, made up with just water (no butter or milk). I also had 85g of low fat soft cheese to use up, and two slices of bread. 85g is far too much for a sandwich or anything, so I put as much as I needed on the bread instead of butter (I had it a bit thick), and put the rest in the pasta and mixed it in. It made the pasta lovely and creamy, which you don't get with just water. That's both HexB's and a syn out of the way :)

The only downside is I can't finish it as it's too filling! I think I'll have the rest as an afternoon snack. :)

Leigh. said:
I just had a bit of a brainwave while having my lunch...

I just had the Mediterranean Tomato and Vegetable Wholegrain Pasta in Sauce, made up with just water (no butter or milk). I also had 85g of low fat soft cheese to use up, and two slices of bread. 85g is far too much for a sandwich or anything, so I put as much as I needed on the bread instead of butter (I had it a bit thick), and put the rest in the pasta and mixed it in. It made the pasta lovely and creamy, which you don't get with just water. That's both HexB's and a syn out of the way :)

The only downside is I can't finish it as it's too filling! I think I'll have the rest as an afternoon snack. :)

I never waste my HEa in pasta and sauce! Always make it with water, and the one occasion I've tried with the milk, as I had some syns left, I didn't notice the difference! :) also you say you had 2 slices of bread to 'use up'?? Was that cos they were going off or because it was your HEb, as there are loads more exciting things you can use your HEb for :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

It wasn't so much looking for an alternative to milk, more that one serving of soft cheese for HexB is 85g, so it meant I could eat the full portion without feeling like I've overdosed on cheese! The bread was to 'use up' in both sense, it needs eating and I like to get my HexB's out of the way at work, saves me faffing when I'm home trying to include it. It always seems to be a pain for me!

Leigh. said:
It wasn't so much looking for an alternative to milk, more that one serving of soft cheese for HexB is 85g, so it meant I could eat the full portion without feeling like I've overdosed on cheese! The bread was to 'use up' in both sense, it needs eating and I like to get my HexB's out of the way at work, saves me faffing when I'm home trying to include it. It always seems to be a pain for me!

I guess you do green days then? Just be careful with the quantities of soft cheese as a HEb as different ones are different quantities :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Yeah i only do green days as I'm vegetarian :) I know it's 85g for low fat cheese, which is what I had. I think I'd prefer to have the higher fat stuff so I don't have to eat as much! Plus it's nicer :p

Back