alternatives to fry light

Frylight is the devil's work! I guess it depends on what you like and how you cook, but food such as steaks, fish, offal, stir fry's etc. should always be cooked at very high temperatures, otherwise far too much oil is absorbed into the food, (increasing your calorie intake) you don't get the correct amount of caramelisation and the fibres don't break down properly. Pretty much all saucepan manufacturers will tell you NOT to use Frylight because if you cook at the right temperature for the food it WILL ruin your pans due to the chemical make up of the stuff. I've said goodbye to two very good quality frying pans and a wok all of which I've had for years from using the damn stuff. The Berio is better as is the Mr. Hughes spray rapeseed. If you're not cooking at high enough temperatures you may as well use ordinary oil because all you're getting is the oil, not all the other gunk that's absorbed into the food. A teaspoon of good quality oil will be about the same as 10 - 15 sprays of Frylight and no chemicals.

Back