Alternatives

Kuromi Jenkins

Silver Member
I've just discovered that Salad Light spray appears to have been discontinued. I've just looked in the fridge and have a huge jar of light mayo which appears low in fat, calories and carbs. Can I use a small amount of that on a salad or is there anything else that's a good alternative as I'm not sure I can eat a dry salad.

It reads:

70kcal per 100g
10g carb per 100g
3G fat per 100g

Although it states it contains citrus fibres and lemon juice which I'm guessing is the bad bit.

Any ideas? Does salad cream contain any of these as I have none in stock to check?

Mayonaise and salad cream are risky as they contain lemon juice so citric acid, the odd spoonful wouldn't affect your weight loss it just depends if you are someone who is knocked out of ketosis easily, like you I can't eat plain salad so have had a little spoonful of low fat Heinz mayonnaise quite a few times now and it hasn't made any difference i have always stayed in ketosis but everyone is different so the only way to know for sure would be to give it a try? but that is just my opinion if you asked Slim and Save they would say definitely NO :D

Yeah otherwise everyone would be eating it then complaining to them so they have to go with a blanket answer. I can't see a small amount like a teaspoon full doing that much damage

Well I had about 2 tablespoons with my dinner every night last week, I was still in ketosis everyday and lost 3lbs, yet if I drink a can of diet irn bru containing citric acid I'm kicked out so it obviously must just depend on the amount your take x

Hi there on Cambridge we were allowed balsamic vinegar. Doesn't say we can have it on SnS but the principles of the diet and ketosis are the same so maybe balsamic might be ok?
But everyone's different, the best thing to do is try it and see how your body reacts ketosis wise.
I've been having a little bit of ketchup and gravy (not together obviously!) every week and have been ok.
But that could just be me.

Xx

Found Heinz 70% less fat salad cream has no citric acid or lemon rind like the mayo and the carbs are reasonable so will use a little with my tuna to moisten my salad.

Back