Charleybarley tries WW

Friday 26th February

Weigh in day: 1lb loss. I am ok with that.

Busy weekend ahead with lots of planning involved around food and drink. I hope my plans pan out.

Today:

B - Fruit
L - Chicken (2) Salad (0) Salad Cream (2) and Thin (3)
D - Chicken Thighs (10) they are so high on WW! and Rice (10)
S - Onion Ring Crisps (4)

Tomorrow:

Brunch - 2x BLT Wraps (11) and cinema snacks 4x packs of Boots Shapers Crisps (8)
Tea - Chicken Kebab (18)
Snack - Bottle of Red (19)

Sunday:

Brunch - not sure yet
Tea - Eating out and having Steak and Chips (15)
Snack - Bottle of Red (19)

Well Done on your loss, remember rhat slow and steady wins the race! Your planning looks fab, can't beleieve that Steak and Chips is less than a Bottle of Red! X

Well Done on your loss, remember rhat slow and steady wins the race! Your planning looks fab, can't beleieve that Steak and Chips is less than a Bottle of Red! X

Thanks love, I imagine my WI on Friday will be slow, possibly backwards! Naughty weekend...x

Monday 29th Feb

So after a naughty-ish weekend, where my plans didn't go to erm, plan - on to today's eats:

B - Banana and Pear
L - Count on Us New York Pastrami Sandwich (7) and Count on Us Tuna Sandwich (8)
D - Chicken Quarter with Chips and Salad (19)
S - Malteser Hot Chocolate (3)

Total - 37 out of 37
I think I can safely say I blew all 42 weeklies on the weekend _________________________ drawing a line.

My pound loss has given me 1 less point per day, which on one hand makes me sad to say goodbye to that extra point, but on the other makes me happy that I started WW on 8th Feb with 40 points a day.

x

It sounds as though your weekend although naughty was good?!? Well Done for drawing a line, not worth dwelling on something u can't change! Your day today looks fab. X

It sounds as though your weekend although naughty was good?!? Well Done for drawing a line, not worth dwelling on something u can't change! Your day today looks fab. X

Hi honey, oh Serena it was such a lovely weekend, I recently got married to a wonderful man and carve out as much quality time together as we possibly can. We decided to go on a dinner date once a month every 28th (the date we got married). That's what this weekend was. I got a bonus at work last month so I sprang for a hotel for the night in London and he paid for dinner, it was so wonderful and for once I didn't feel obligated to either overeat (when I fall off the wagon I REALLY do go) nor did I feel guilty that I had what I wanted to have.

I do have another diary on here, its more of a dear diary with all my thoughts etc - the first 2 years list as "how NOT to diet"! I was constantly losing and gaining, losing and gaining and panicking and not settling on anything, its a funny read but totally unhelpful for anyone looking for some inspiration or a success story!!!! But where I picked it back up a few weeks ago, I feel differently, WW is really working for me right now and I am in a much better frame of mind...as you say, slow and steady wins the race.

x

1st March

Today's eats:

B - Strawberries, Pear
L - Chicken wrap with salad and salad cream (7)
D - 2 Sausages and Mash, veg and gravy and Dijon mustard (16)
S - Crisps (4) Ham Sandwich (7) and Malteser Hot Chocolate (3)

Total: 37 out of 37

Hi honey, oh Serena it was such a lovely weekend, I recently got married to a wonderful man and carve out as much quality time together as we possibly can. We decided to go on a dinner date once a month every 28th (the date we got married). That's what this weekend was. I got a bonus at work last month so I sprang for a hotel for the night in London and he paid for dinner, it was so wonderful and for once I didn't feel obligated to either overeat (when I fall off the wagon I REALLY do go) nor did I feel guilty that I had what I wanted to have.

I do have another diary on here, its more of a dear diary with all my thoughts etc - the first 2 years list as "how NOT to diet"! I was constantly losing and gaining, losing and gaining and panicking and not settling on anything, its a funny read but totally unhelpful for anyone looking for some inspiration or a success story!!!! But where I picked it back up a few weeks ago, I feel differently, WW is really working for me right now and I am in a much better frame of mind...as you say, slow and steady wins the race.

x

Wow! You sound like such a romantic, what a lovely idea to celebrate the 28th each month! Will u be starting a family soon or are u just enjoying married life for a while first?

Your attitude to food now sounds very much like mine, I have what I want and enjoy it and it stops me going completely over the top!

1st March

Today's eats:

B - Strawberries, Pear
L - Chicken wrap with salad and salad cream (7)
D - 2 Sausages and Mash, veg and gravy and Dijon mustard (16)
S - Crisps (4) Ham Sandwich (7) and Malteser Hot Chocolate (3)

Total: 37 out of 37

Yummy Day! Keep going, you're doing FAB! X

Wow! You sound like such a romantic, what a lovely idea to celebrate the 28th each month! Will u be starting a family soon or are u just enjoying married life for a while first?

Your attitude to food now sounds very much like mine, I have what I want and enjoy it and it stops me going completely over the top!

Yummy Day! Keep going, you're doing FAB! X

Thanks, we do like to spoil ourselves. We were both single for many years before we met, so enjoying the companionship is a bit part of our lives now. We have decided not to have children, while we love children, we both decided early on in our relationship that it wasn't for us. We love each other's company so much and have never felt the need to have children. He is 47 this year and I am 40 in July - I think if we had met in our 20s we may have done, but it wasn't to be - obviously if it happened by chance, then we would embrace it, but it isn't on the cards.

xx

Thanks, we do like to spoil ourselves. We were both single for many years before we met, so enjoying the companionship is a bit part of our lives now. We have decided not to have children, while we love children, we both decided early on in our relationship that it wasn't for us. We love each other's company so much and have never felt the need to have children. He is 47 this year and I am 40 in July - I think if we had met in our 20s we may have done, but it wasn't to be - obviously if it happened by chance, then we would embrace it, but it isn't on the cards.

xx

What a lovely love story :) I think whatever will be will be and its so lovely that you enjoy your time together. How did u meet? X

What a lovely love story :) I think whatever will be will be and its so lovely that you enjoy your time together. How did u meet? X

Thanks - I feel like I struck gold really, I was never really lucky in love, I never had a true long relationship beforehand with anyone, I just lived up my 20s in a whirl of partying and stuff and before I knew it I looked around and everyone had settled down, so in my early 30s I thought "I fancy trying this love thing that everyone's raving about"! So I went online, I was very shy when it come to fancying people and meeting people in clubs/pubs etc. I was always too bothered about how "fat" I was and assumed I wouldn't be fanciable, so I went online and Mick was the second guy I found and met up with - his profile was so different to the other, generic profiles - we emailed a lot first, then spoke on the phone for a couple of weeks and then by the time we met up we felt like we knew one another. So many people use online dating sites as: Get in touch, meet up, find you have nothing in common and have that awkward "I wanna go home" feeling, I didn't want that awkwardness. It worked. We have been together for over 6 years and it just gets better and better.

Are you with anyone?

xx

2nd March

Today's meals:

B – Thin and PB2 (4)

L – Pizza Quesadilla (10) - this is 2 WW wraps (6) with puree (1) cheese (3) and bacon (1), dry fried and cut into 6, I will warm up in the microwave

D – Pizza and Salad and Salad Cream (16) - this is an Aldi Carlos Thin & Crispy 13sp for half

S - Strawberries, Banana, Satsuma, Crisps (4) and Malteser Hot Choc (3)

Total 37

Last night's meal was heaven on a plate and I lapped it up

IMAG0037.jpg

Thanks - I feel like I struck gold really, I was never really lucky in love, I never had a true long relationship beforehand with anyone, I just lived up my 20s in a whirl of partying and stuff and before I knew it I looked around and everyone had settled down, so in my early 30s I thought "I fancy trying this love thing that everyone's raving about"! So I went online, I was very shy when it come to fancying people and meeting people in clubs/pubs etc. I was always too bothered about how "fat" I was and assumed I wouldn't be fanciable, so I went online and Mick was the second guy I found and met up with - his profile was so different to the other, generic profiles - we emailed a lot first, then spoke on the phone for a couple of weeks and then by the time we met up we felt like we knew one another. So many people use online dating sites as: Get in touch, meet up, find you have nothing in common and have that awkward "I wanna go home" feeling, I didn't want that awkwardness. It worked. We have been together for over 6 years and it just gets better and better.

Are you with anyone?

xx

Wow! That really is a true love story! So happy for you both :) I'm not with anyone, haven't really been in a relationship for the past 8yrs, sad I know! My focus has always been on Poppy, then it was on my health, then it was on college, then on work and now on my weight! I guess a man just hasn't really fitted in! Never say never but I won't go looking at the moment. X

2nd March

Today's meals:

B – Thin and PB2 (4)

L – Pizza Quesadilla (10) - this is 2 WW wraps (6) with puree (1) cheese (3) and bacon (1), dry fried and cut into 6, I will warm up in the microwave

D – Pizza and Salad and Salad Cream (16) - this is an Aldi Carlos Thin & Crispy 13sp for half

S - Strawberries, Banana, Satsuma, Crisps (4) and Malteser Hot Choc (3)

Total 37

Last night's meal was heaven on a plate and I lapped it up

View attachment 180699

That's my kind of day with double pizza ;) I got an Iceland Pizza for free so going to factor that into my meal plan at some point, it's not too bad on PP if I only have half and pad it out with salad! X

3rd March

Today's eats:

B - Strawberries and apple
L - Leftover pizza and salad (16)
D - Spag Bol and Cheese (13)
S - Thin and PB2 (4) and Crisps (4)

Total 37

So pics of my food yesterday - lunch, which was tastier than it looks! And dinner which was as delicious as it looked!

Wow! That really is a true love story! So happy for you both :) I'm not with anyone, haven't really been in a relationship for the past 8yrs, sad I know! My focus has always been on Poppy, then it was on my health, then it was on college, then on work and now on my weight! I guess a man just hasn't really fitted in! Never say never but I won't go looking at the moment. X

That's my kind of day with double pizza ;) I got an Iceland Pizza for free so going to factor that into my meal plan at some point, it's not too bad on PP if I only have half and pad it out with salad! X

Thanks!
Yes, you are focusing on the right things for you at the moment. I really loved my single years and I wouldn't change anything, I made my own way in life. When you are ready you will meet the right person, you may not want to but I really advocate Online Dating, if you use it the right way.

I am a massive pizza fan as you may have guessed - what points were the Iceland Pizza going for?

xx

3rd March

Today's eats:

B - Strawberries and apple
L - Leftover pizza and salad (16)
D - Spag Bol and Cheese (13)
S - Thin and PB2 (4) and Crisps (4)

Total 37

So pics of my food yesterday - lunch, which was tastier than it looks! And dinner which was as delicious as it looked!

That dinner looks AMAZING! Who says diets are boring!!! X

Thanks!
Yes, you are focusing on the right things for you at the moment. I really loved my single years and I wouldn't change anything, I made my own way in life. When you are ready you will meet the right person, you may not want to but I really advocate Online Dating, if you use it the right way.

I am a massive pizza fan as you may have guessed - what points were the Iceland Pizza going for?

xx

The Pizza is 4pp per 1/4 so anything up to 16pp for the whole thing but I'll share it with Poppy when I do have it. X

That dinner looks AMAZING! Who says diets are boring!!! X

The Pizza is 4pp per 1/4 so anything up to 16pp for the whole thing but I'll share it with Poppy when I do have it. X

I checked the sp's generally for Iceland pizzas and they are pretty good - coming in at around 10-14sp for half which I think it pretty good. Charley needs to go to Iceland!

Friday 4th March

Weigh in: 2lbs on! I am so gutted about this. I know I had a "not on plan" weekend, but I wasn't too bad, and I have been 100% all week. I was actually expecting a 1lb or 2lb loss, so this has come as a huge disappointment. I felt lighter too.... ho hum.

Todays foods:

B - Strawberries
L - Chicken Salad (10)
D - Fish and Chips and Mushy Peas and Thin and Butter (21)
S - Malteser Hot Chocolate (3) and bag of crisps (4)

Total 38

I am slinking off to lick my wounds and wonder what I how I am going to attempt to stay on plan at the hen weekend I am attending this weekend!

Double post

I checked the sp's generally for Iceland pizzas and they are pretty good - coming in at around 10-14sp for half which I think it pretty good. Charley needs to go to Iceland!

They are reasonably priced too, mine was free so even better! X

Friday 4th March

Weigh in: 2lbs on! I am so gutted about this. I know I had a "not on plan" weekend, but I wasn't too bad, and I have been 100% all week. I was actually expecting a 1lb or 2lb loss, so this has come as a huge disappointment. I felt lighter too.... ho hum.

Todays foods:

B - Strawberries
L - Chicken Salad (10)
D - Fish and Chips and Mushy Peas and Thin and Butter (21)
S - Malteser Hot Chocolate (3) and bag of crisps (4)

Total 38

I am slinking off to lick my wounds and wonder what I how I am going to attempt to stay on plan at the hen weekend I am attending this weekend!

I love mushy peas! Not had them in ages! Where are u off to for the hen do? X

Back