Am I allowed to...

Stevie0412

Have my one third super free separately from my meal? For example, for brekkie I've had beans on toast, early this morn I had a banana and I'm planning on having an apple and a plum, I'm not hungry at the mo so I don't want my fruit yet, is this allowed? 3 pieces fruit wud defo make up my 1/3 (1 slice bread and beans snap pot) OR do I have to have the 1/3 with my meal or within a certain time frame??? Some meals just don't allow for it ( I wouldn't put salad on my beans!) BUT I don't want to overstuff myself just to ram it in, trying to shrink my stomach not stretch it!!

Sorry for waffling, I hope I've made sense!!

Xx

If you are using a healthy extra in a meal, you dont have to have 1/3 superfree, as the healthy extra is already portion controlled.

But in general, superfree is not a law, but it helps your weight loss. The reason why they want you to have it at the same time, is that it limits space on your plate for other food. So say you have pasta, thats a very calorie dense food, and while free, it still contains alot of calories. So if you take 1/3 off the plate and fill it with nutritious and very low calorie superfree, it naturally limits your calorie intake without you having to weigh and measure.
But as I said, its not the law, you can do what you want! It may mean your losses are slower, but then again it might not have any effect at all! You gotta figure out what works for you, both for your weight loss and your life style!

Super free isn't just salad or fruit though. When i have beans on toast i have half the amount of beans i used to have and mix in chopped onions peppers and mushrooms. That way i am not just cramming extra veg on the plate but using it to cut down the amount of more calorie dense food. I know i don't need to do this because it is a hex meal but i do 1/3 super free automatically now.

Apart from heb meals you must use 1/3 of superfrees in your meals, it's not optional, but you can have fruit after instead if it equals 1/3 of the entire meal (including the fruit).

The whole point of superfrees is to limit your intake of other foods without you noticing. By swapping a 1/3 of your meal for superfree you naturally eat less of everything else which helps you lose weight. Ideally you should eat it with your meal but if you can't, or don't want to, eating it after is better than not eating it al all. :D

If you can't stick to the 1/3 superfree every meal plan maybe the red or green days would be better for you as you don't need to follow that on those plans?

I should say superfree is only a must on EE. On red and green days it's optional. :D

I'm getting so confused with all this... some people say that 1/3 super free is a rule which must be followed and others say that it is an option but is recommended. I am trying to do EE this week as I usually do red but want a change. What is the actual rule, can someone tell me exactly what it says in the SW book? thanks in advance x

I'm getting so confused with all this... some people say that 1/3 super free is a rule which must be followed and others say that it is an option but is recommended. I am trying to do EE this week as I usually do red but want a change. What is the actual rule, can someone tell me exactly what it says in the SW book? thanks in advance x

My consultant said on EE superfrees are part of the plan. If you don't do it, you've gone off plan, just as you'd go off plan if you consumed more than 15 syns a day.

Of course it's your choice but the plan includes 3 main points.

1. Fill up on free food
2. 1/3 superfrees with each meal
3. 5-15 syns

It's different for everyone but generally if you follow the 3 steps you'll lose better than if you didn't.

Putting it simply, to be 100% on the EE plan you must have 1/3 superfrees with each meal not including heb meals, 1 x hea, 1 x heb, consume 5-15 syns a day.

If you don't do all of the above you've gone off plan. The plan is made to work as a whole, it's scientific even if I don't understand it all lol. You can choose not to have 1/3 superfree, you can choose to go over your syns, you can choose to have 2 x heb, but you will have gone off plan if you do and you may not lose as easily as if you had stuck to the plan.

Everyone's different and I think you just need to do a bit of trial and error to see what works for you, but I've definitely found that my losses have sped up a bit since I started including the 1/3 superfree with every free food meal. I don't think there's too much bother with spacing it out - I tend to gradually graze on my lunch at work over an hour or two, and it isn't on a plate, so it would be hard to asses how much a third is! But just generally including some fruit or veg with every meal is all you need x

Taken directly from the sw website
Q: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?

A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.

I don't get this debate 1/3 super free Is a good balanced way to eat. It makes total sense.

If you really don't want to do it don't but really to loose weight on ee you should be following this.

Obvs there are exceptions and ppl may still loose but it is really there for a reason.

If you want technically you can live off pasta n sauce. 3 times a day but no ones ever going to say that's ok and healthy. We don't eat a Sunday dinner for breakfast because we're programmed to choose. "Breakfast type food " not meat veg and gravy so I think we should try programme our minds same way over. 1/3 rule it's a good way to eat in and out of sw. More you do it more it'll just become habit

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

Wowzers, right, on the meals I can't squadge the 1/3 sf I am going to eat the fruit 1st! Haha! Every other meal has a been fine and accommodated itself to the 1/3 rule apart from my beans on toast!

I think I get it now, I'm just going to see it as a rule which MUST be obeyed!

Xx

Yes with the 1/3rd superfree thing - by the way I dont do ee, never have but thats just me, if you just cant stomach any on your plate then fill up on fruit or salad before your meal thereby exercising portion control. The thinking is that you will be a little full before your meal. They do say now you dont have to have superfree if your meal contains a healthy extra, but my c said if you can it will help even more. Sorry thats probably just put more confusion into the debate! Just quoting. I do red and green because Im not very good with veg, and cant stand salad. It is very much trial and error which suits you best. They are encouraging more superfree with the red and green plans too now :)

That was my thinking, have fruit or a side salad almost as a starter, it is trial and error I think, this is my first wk and I'm throwing myself in whole hog but know I've got a lot to learn!! Sw fish And chips for tea !! Yum! Xx

Ps, I honestly didn't mean to start a debate, :/

That was my thinking, have fruit or a side salad almost as a starter, it is trial and error I think, this is my first wk and I'm throwing myself in whole hog but know I've got a lot to learn!! Sw fish And chips for tea !! Yum! Xx

Ps, I honestly didn't mean to start a debate, :/

No it's good to have these threads you learn a lot.

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

Even us old timers learn something every day on here. I am sure you will do well if you put your heart and soul into it. :)

Back