Am I being unreasonable?

julie19

Silver Member
Can I have a moan please? It's Easter this weekend as everyone knows & I am trying to lose weight so why have three of them bought me an Easter Egg? Am I being ungrateful? I said weeks ago that I didn't want any Easter Eggs but OH told me yesterday that I have 3 of them now...why don't people understand & try to help?:mad:
Julie19

No you're not being unreasonable at all, I think the people who have bought you the easter eggs are being quite insensitive! If you have told them that you don't want them purely because you're slimming... quite rude!

(((Hugs))) x

No you're not being unreasonable at all, I think the people who have bought you the easter eggs are being quite insensitive! If you have told them that you don't want them purely because you're slimming... quite rude!

(((Hugs))) x

Thanks - I am glad someone else appears to understand & doesn't think I am being picky!

grrr its temptation for you, i don't think you are being unreasonable but people like giving easter eggs so just accept them and then think of something to do with them. I always find Easter difficult, my 2 kids always get lots of eggs as i have a very large family and it is a nightmare, ds is diabetic and can have his chocolate measured in moderation and dd is only 1 . The two of them never get through them all. We still have one of ds eggs from last year up on top of the cupboard. I am going to see how many they get and make them krispie cakes with the melted down chocolate and let them give some to their grannies etc and they can keep a couple of eggs to eat as normal.

I have actually told my OH that I do want an egg but only one.

Why don't you take your unwanted eggs to the local hospital and give them to the sick kids? Or see if you can find a local foster family etc...you get the gist...lol

I have actually told my OH that I do want an egg but only one.

Why don't you take your unwanted eggs to the local hospital and give them to the sick kids?

The local hospital won't take them apparently because of Health & Safety, I think I will try to give them away to someone else but the temptation to get home on Sunday night & open 'just one' is already a calling.....

Hey Hun, You aren't being unreasonable at all, why not try what bettylollypop has suggested and melt them down and give them to visitors etc. I have to say that you are lucky that your OH thinks to get you an egg mine doesn't bother diet or no diet! xxx

I, too, have asked for an egg from my OH.
Everyone else knows I'm slimming, but I'm expecting eggs from my mum, dad and sister. I haven't said I don;t want eggs, although perhaps I should have done.
I am ful of plans to break them down, and weigh them, into '10 syn' bags - but I bet I'll just scoff them all anyway!

It's not unreasonable, however, that if you've asked for no eggs and then you get given them by the very people you asked, to be upset.
Have you any children's homes or similar nearby? What about the local hospice?

god easter is just horrible lmao break the egg into little bits then syn it according to the bits keep them in the freezer and eat on a day , you are in control of the egg the chocolate does not control you , you don't have to eat all of it in one go honey, now your special treat egg i would eat half one day half another you are on a diet not trying to make yourself unhappy X I am expecting three like you but i'm debating whether to just be a pig and eat em all in one go as i have deserved my chocolate gorge lol i think your being very strong willed if you do what i do they will last longer anyways hope that helps a bit .

i would also just like to point out that me and the chocolate are in a constant struggle for who has the control this week i am in charge and the chocolate is doing as it's told but come next week i might not be so cocky XXx

Thanks everyone - now I don't feel quite so bad - I am sure I can find someone to take a couple of them off me at least, my problem is when there is chocolate there I eat it, all of it...maybe I could give the eggs away & keep the bits inside - I shall try to be strong & not sit & scoff them all come Sunday night!!
Time to go & weigh in now

That is sooo unreasonable!!! I don't know why people do that???

I can't wait for Easter though as I gave up chocolate for Lent and it has been a bit of a slog without it....however, I have only one egg and hope I don't get any more.
If I do, I will take them into the office and let all the greedy skinny men eat them!!

I like the melting and cooking idea, and also the breaking up and freezing idea too although I don't think I could resist and they would shout me from the freezer!!!

Be strong! xx

I agree completely with you! I think it's not at all supportive. I have told everyone no easter eggs as well....and if I get one....aarrggghh!! lol

in class tody, she said a tiny smarties easter egg is 25 syns!! I am staying away from the kids eggs this year lol

hello,
at the meeting i was going to the leader would set up a table for people to bring the eggs in and would then give them tothe womens refuge.

a have this problem solved, every year i say i dont want any eggs but end up with at least 3 so now i break up the egg into pieces and put it in a tupperware tub and leave it in the fridge and then the other half eats it all lol

karen

No you're not being unreasonable at all, I have ended up with 2 eggs even though I didn't ask for any. And we are going to the inlaws on Sunday so they may have got us some too. I can't resist them

I think you are being very good and they are being inconsiderate. If they wanted to get you something why not flowers. I never get eggs as think they are waste of money and say get me flowers instead and the kids don't want either they get choice of egg or money from grandparents and they take money and buy something useful with it like stuff they need for archery.

They are just trying to be nice, I am sure it wasn't intentional or that they know it would upset you so, you dont' have to eat the eggs, give them to an old peoples home where a lot of people never have visitors and therefore never have easter eggs.

Back