Am I crazy to start now?

marymcd

I was all set to start lipotrim on Tuesday as I had a social event I needed to go to tonight and didn't want to feel under pressure. Now, however, I have to go overseas for a funeral on Monday and will be gone through Thursday. I don't want to not do this now that I have psyched myself up so am going to start tomorrow. Am I mad? I need something to kick start some weight loss as I have had 4 kids in 5 years and my youngest is now 1 1/2. I am finished with pregnancies so just want to get back to how I used to be before I started having babies and got careless. I have approx. 53 lbs to lose. Need some motivation. Anybody close to these numbers when they started and how much did you lose during the first week?

Mary your start weight is exactly the same as mine! I am 2 days onto LT and looking forward to day 3! I haven't been weighed yet so can't enlighten you on my weightloss, but if you have it in ur head to start tomorrow, u should strike while the iron is hot! I read so many diaries on here in prep for starting, and I just thought the sooner u start the sooner u finish :) xx good luck and keep posting!! Xx

Welcome, you sound like u are in the right place for starting and determined :)

My weight numbers aren't that much different to yours and I'm starting refeed on tues, lost 47.5lb so far.

Good luck :) x

Hiya Mary and welcome. Well done for your preparation and determination. The best laid plans of mice and men, eh?!
I don't think you would be crazy to start on Tuesday but it would be harder for you. As a compromise, maybe you could eat some low carb meals when you're away which would help you get in ketosis more quickly if you decided to start LT on Thurs or Fri? Good luck, hun, whatever you decide. x

if you've worked yourself up to start then go for it! there will always be things that come up to make it hard and if you can get through them in the first week then you can get through anything!!!

go for it! there's always something in the way, so if you wait around the enthusiasm might wear off! ive been to a gala ball, a funeral, an overnite stay in a hotel, and am going campin for 3 days the end of this month, when you get a bit further into lipotrim you learn to just ignore food.... so ignore anything thats coming up and just take it each day and before you know it day 1 becomes day 34 just like i am today!!! good luck and get goin!

go for it! there's always something in the way, so if you wait around the enthusiasm might wear off! ive been to a gala ball, a funeral, an overnite stay in a hotel, and am going campin for 3 days the end of this month, when you get a bit further into lipotrim you learn to just ignore food.... so ignore anything thats coming up and just take it each day and before you know it day 1 becomes day 34 just like i am today!!! good luck and get goin!

how???? please share i know i'm only 2 weeks in but its like food is haunting me!!!
i want to :17729:

Thanks everybody for the comments! Yes Jody, I started, but only today! I stuck with my original plan!!! I had the strawberry shake for breakfast and it was fine. The chocolate one I'm trying to drink now - do not like it at all! But will exchange it for flavours I prefer tomorrow. Hopefully, I will like the vanilla one at dinner or I'll be a strawberry head by the end of the week! Have you had your first weigh in Jody? How are you coping with the shock of it all!! It's such a great motivation to read everybody's progress on here! And I can't thank you enough for the encouragement. Leluna, I can't believe you lost 15 pounds in one week! That's insane! And I think, for me, you were right, there's always going to be something stopping me, some major event. So, I'm excited but not looking forward to the initial few days! It's my time and I am really focusing on a slimmer me and how much happier that will make me with my confidence. Here's to surviving week 1!!!:eek:

Keep going Leighsewingdiva, you've done awesome so far!!!

Hello Mary :)
I'm on day five at the mo, I get weighed on Friday! Can't wait for it to come round!!
Congratulations on starting! So far so good for me!! Just pop on here if u think your gonna crack! I only got choc and strawberry shakes so u will have to let me kno how the other ones are!!
I can feel the difference after 5 days Mary so stick with it and it will soon show off you!!
keep slimming xxx

Can't wait to hear how you get on! Keep me posted and thanks, I think I will need this forum more and more often over the next few days!!!

Day 2 and I am extremely sluggish!! But, I am still on board with determination and imagining me at the end!

Hey x lis x just wondered have you stayed on lipotrim the whole time - you dropped what I want to in just over 3 months which is awesome. It must feel great.

Hi Mary,

Yes stayed 100% the whole way through and started refeed yesterday. I feel brilliant and so proud of myself for sticking to it.

Best of luck u can do it :) x

X lis x - sorry to bug you again but how many weeks did you do the total mean replacement? When did you start the maintenance? Thanks!!!

I did 13 full weeks TFR started in january, i just started the refeed week tues then will be following the GL diet so I won't have used any maintenance products, hope that helps x

Thanks. I just don't know if I can last that long! But will go as long as I can. Thanks again and good luck with the re-feed. You're an inspiration!

U will be suprised, wen I look back now it feels like 2 mins ago I was starting.
Best of luck x

How did you get on Jody? Dying to hear as I go into my first weekend of temptations!!!

Back