Am I Crazy?!!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
You guys are the first to know this so feel privalidged! I havnt told any of my family or friends yet and dont think i will for a while just to see how i am going to get on ... but i have been thinking about this for a couple of months now and have been umming and ahhing whether to or not but ...

I have decided that next year i AM going to run the plymouth half marathon!! All 13.1 miles of it. My brother has already agreed to train me up in the gym when he is home on his summer leave in August :)

Something i have always fancied doing and now that i have lost weight i think with lots of hard work at the gym i could do it! Not only will i get fit, ill lose more weight preparing myself and i will be raising money for a cause thats close to me.

Going to run for the Alzheimers society and i have 314 days to prepare .... am i mad?!!!!!!!!

Go For It !!!!!
you can do anything woman, don't you know that yet!
You have loads of time to train and once you get into a plan it will work well. Are there clubs by you for running, it's worth meeting up with like minded people as you will get the best tips. Do it!
Best of luck
Doirin

Hmmm i have never been much of a 'runner' so not only will it be for my own benefit but also for a good cause. Not too keen on the idea of running clubs - maybe once my brother has taught me a few things about running i may consider the idea! lol

You are not mad Tanya, go for it gurl. You have achieved so much already, but just imagine how very proud you would feel after completing a half marathon.

You have the right motivation, help and support, you will be doing this for a great cause. I wish you the very best of luck Tanya I will be rooting for you xxx

HI,
I mentioned running clubs as my sister is involved in one and they have beginners groups all the time and this gives the opportunity to partner up with someone who is starting also. If your brother can give you tips that will work as well as anything, either way best of luck.
Doirin

Go for it, you will feel great with all the training and a great achievement too :)

Not at all mad! Think it sounds like a great idea; motivation to get fit & marker of your amazing achievement!

Hannah

Hi Summer

I think it is probably what you need at the minute - eh! Some other goal, rather than food related. I dont have any doubts at all that you will do it. I think it is a great idea totally!!

I would love to do this, but I have a dodgy knee and cant.

My friend started running, just as a hobby about 2 years ago and she ran her first half marathon this year....and she does travel to Ireland a lot as well to do runs. She loves it, and i tell you, she was the least likely person EVER! I would never have thought she would start running..she loves it now and it is such a big part of her life.

Go for it girl! We will keep tabs on you and how you are doing :)

Take care

woo! congrats that's awesome Summer! I'm sooo excited for you! i have no doubt in my mind that you will be able to do it! :D xxx

Congratualtions, and fair play to you!! Best of luck with it and keep us updated on your progress! Great cause too hun xxx

NOt mad at all - you've got the determination to see this through. Great decision and good luck with training and fundraising.

ahh fanks guys :)

Like i said - just under a year to get myself in shape - i think it can be done:D x

Yes i think you are Mad but in my opinion that is fantastic i love doing crazy things and for you to lose all this weight then do this is fantastic and mad in a good way you go girl i love running and cant wait to lose more weight to go again without my knee hurting well done you and its always good to be a little mad or we wouldnt do anything we want to do x x x

Back